Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/1/2021 10:36:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Video Editor jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Video Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Video Editor? Position Title
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
We currently have an opening for a Video Editor. The position is focused on broadcast and mastering videos for standard, high definition and UHD content. This position is located in Burbank, California.
• Individual will perform incoming and outgoing QC of all localization materials, such as audio, video, subtitles, closed captions and graphics in prep for production, transcoding and delivery.
• Individual will perform their duties using Quicktime, Premier, Media Encoder, Final Cut, Compressor, Resolve, Photoshop and Vantage.
• Experience with multiple file format wrappers and codecs.
• Dropping files into watch folders, sorting, renaming, uploading to delivery portals.
• Organization of all media across multiple volumes.
• Insert/assembly editing, viewing and quality control of encoded clips.
• Must effectively analyze and communicate information in order to resolve issues and concerns as they arise.
• Engage in ongoing training programs as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2-3 years quality control experience in the entertainment industry with video editing experience preferred.
• Must be technically astute, computer literate (Mac and PC) and possess an aptitude and advanced understanding of video and audio.
• Master source quality control experience is preferred.
• Familiarity with video tape formats, video file types and container formats.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of aspect ratios and frame rates used in SD, HD and UHD environments.
• Knowledge of python, bash or windows shell scripting a plus.
• Individual must be able to troubleshoot quality control issues, software, and hardware anomalies.
• Individual must be organized, diligent, and detail-oriented.
• Individual must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Duties require an accurate and methodical approach to testing as well as a very focused and detailed attention to audio, video, and film impairments and artifacts.
• Individual must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines.
• Individual will need to make frequent "subjective" decisions as part of their daily function (e.g. determining the "severity rating" for quality defects, determining which defects are acceptable, etc.).
• Must be able to work independently and on nights and weekends.
• Must be willing and able to work extended hours to meet project deadlines.
• AA degree in computer science, programming, electronics, A/V technology, television production or related field (or equivalent experience).
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.