Vice President & General Manager, Audio Services
Deluxe EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/23/2020 10:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Vice President & General Manager, Audio Services jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Vice President & General Manager, Audio Services postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President & General Manager, Audio Services? Position Title:
Vice President and General Manager, Audio Services
About the Team - Localization
This role is part of the world-wide localization group within Deluxe, which supports multiple lines of business within the company. The Deluxe Localization team brings together the strengths of our Subtitling, Dubbing, and Audio Operations to provide best in class localization services to the media & entertainment industry.
The VP and GM, Audio Services role is based in Hollywood, CA at our Seward St. facility. The role covers two primary areas: day to day oversight and general management of LA Audio Operations, and alignment of Deluxe's global audio teams and processes. The audio group covers four primary areas: Localization audio post-production supporting global dubbing operations, audio servicing supporting digital distribution, audio restoration and migration, and original version audio post-production. The position reports to the Executive Vice President and General Manager, Worldwide Localization.
This role is responsible for directly overseeing Deluxe's Los Angeles Audio Operations and P&L and aligning global audio operations and processes. This includes best practices for level-loading and distributing work between our key audio operations teams around the world to achieve the best financial result.
A Day in the Life of this position would encompass the following:
• Directly manage LA Audio Operations teams
• Oversee the audio business process from order receipt to cash collection, and all production stages in-between
• Directly manage the LA Audio P&L including budgeting revenue and costs, and monitoring performance against annual plans through evolving forecasts
• Develop and maintain strong customer and inter-department relationships to support and grow audio revenue
• Manage all facilities and support staff located at the 900 Seward St. facility, as well as other LA audio staff working in other Deluxe buildings across LA
• Work closely with in-region US client services and account teams while also participating in global commercial activities for strategic global accounts, in close coordination with other non-US regional team members across the organization
• Actively participate in and help drive global Audio and Localization Operations objectives to support Deluxe's overarching commercial strategy
• Prepare and deliver audio product/service presentations to customers and internal teams as required
• Maintain thorough knowledge of Deluxe competitors' solutions, company direction, financial stability, etc.
• Keep current with industry events, solution offerings, etc.
• Regularly participate in operations and sales team meetings, account reviews, and strategy calls
• Build and maintain a thorough knowledge of Deluxe's Audio, Localization and Distribution services and platforms, updates, functionality, etc. by working closely with Deluxe's Product Development and Operations teams
• Interact and effectively communicate with internal teams and external customers
• Operate under minimal supervision
• Create and maintain a positive work environment for audio staff
• Represent Deluxe in a professional manner at all times, demonstrating the Company values as required to maximise effectiveness
• Work with all Deluxe stake-holders as required, e.g. Operations, Legal, Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Operations, and Product Development teams in order to maximise business
What you Bring
• Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of experience in client-facing operational and sales functions within the media industry with a focus on audio, localization and media distribution
• Strong knowledge of localization, original version and legacy audio processes and associated workflows and technologies for premium video content for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast and emerging platforms and formats
• Strong technical knowledge of media processes, formats and deliverables for audio post-production services, including quality expectations for different global regions, languages, and consumption mediums
• Working experience with complex commercial proposals and pricing models to drive customer value and business profitability
• Demonstrated experience in making formal presentations including ability to quickly redesign presentations and be flexible
• Broad business knowledge: ability to interpret and utilize industry information on competitors
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexible and open to change, new ideas, and concepts. Is responsive to the needs of internal and external stakeholders at all times
• Uses professional concepts and company policies to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways
• Self-starter, able to find answers and solve problems independently
• Works positively and pro-actively with direct staff and other teams within Deluxe to promote a professional, collaborative and rewarding work environment for all employees that focuses on customer experience, excellent service, and profitability through efficient and innovative workflows and solutions
• Interacts with prospects at all levels in order to illustrate the value & benefits of Deluxe services and solutions
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.