Unreal Lighting Artist
Deluxe EntertainmentVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Unreal Lighting Artist (Method Games)
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Melbourne and Montreal. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.
Method Games is currently looking for a talented Lighting Artist to join our Vancouver team.
In this role, you will:
• Work closely with Lighting Lead, Virtual Production Developer and VFX Supe to develop realistic lighting solutions;
• Help guide the look and feel of lighting for each project;
• Perform look development of CG assets and characters;
• Help deliver solutions on integrating lighting setups into the existing pipelines;
• Take notes on work and offering creative or technical solutions to problems where necessary;
• Oversee and help optimize shots for rendering;
• Translate 2D concepts and use a wide variety of lighting techniques to capture the vision laid out by the Art Director;
• Work in-engine and own both the technical and creative problem spaces;
• Understand game engines and artistic direction to tackle the challenges that will impact lighting;
• Communicate and collaborate with various departments.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
• Experience with in-engine lighting techniques and solutions (Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard);
• Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas;
• Ability to take directions and adaptable to change;
• Experience at improvising and problem-solving;
• Comfortability delivering on an expedited schedule.
It would also be helpful if you had:
• Excellent artistic skills, with a strong emphasis on real-world lighting/photography.