Unreal FX Artist
Deluxe EntertainmentVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Unreal FX Artist (Method Games)
Method Games is currently looking for a talented Unreal FX Artist to join our Vancouver team!
In this role, you will:
• Manage software and tools development;
• Critique artists' work;
• Use tools and software developed in-house, proprietary tools, or off-the-shelf software, render photo-realistic FX for games;
• Be adept at balancing the creation of final renders for shots with building/maintaining systems for creating shots
• Work within the Method Games pipeline and publish tools and scripts as prescribed;
• Manage disc space to fit within quota;
• Create systems that minimize render times;
• Follow the creative direction of the production communicated by your supervisors;
• Be adept at balancing creative requests with the resources available;
• Have the ability to work in a team environment under tight deadlines.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
• Minimum three years' experience as a VFX or Games FXTD;
• Expert knowledge of Unreal, including using the tool set to create effects at a high level of quality;
• Knowledge of Houdini;
• Experience working in complex pipelines;
• Good artistic skills;
• Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas;
• Ability to take directions and adapt to changes;
• Excellence at improvising and problem-solving.
It would also be helpful if you had:
• Tool building and scripting knowledge;
• Knowledge of Nuke and Katana;
• Some scripting skills: Python, hscript, vex, bash;
• Linux experience;
• Computer science degree or some other advanced training.