Tracking / Matchmove Dept. TD
Deluxe EntertainmentVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Melbourne and Montreal. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.
• Work closely with the artists, and the head of department to gather information regarding software development needs.
• Diagnose technical issues, addressing them directly or escalating to relevant members of the software development team.
• Debug problematic scenes in 3DEqualizer, Maya, Houdini, Nuke, and other industry-standard packages.
• Evaluate issues raised by artists and production team members, and clearly communicate those technical issues in a way that is reproducible by other members of the software development team.
• Develop scripts to optimize various tasks for production.
• Monitor bug reports filed by artists in the department.
• Experience with VFX CG work, e.g. tracking, matchmove, roto-anim, modeling and Rigging.
• Experience in our core applications: 3DEqualizer, Maya, Houdini, Nuke.
• Programming experience, preferably in Python, PyQt, C .
• BS, BA or Master's Degree, ideally in a technical field.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Fluent in English.
• Due to government restrictions, we can currently only offer this opportunity to Canadian Citizens or Canadian Permanent Residents.
• Experience with database programming, either relational or NoSQL.
• Familiarity with Unix operating systems.
• High level of technical aptitude.