Technical Operations Lead
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Technical Operations Lead
As a Technical Operations Lead, you will be instrumental in the implementation of the team's mission to build and maintain a supportive environment for new and existing users of Deluxe's technology. In this role, your primary focus will be to evaluate pre-release system enhancements, drive the onboarding of new clients and post-release system updates, and facilitate related testing, training, process design, implementation and software documentation within Deluxe Localization.
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
Through your passion for technology, collaboration and training, you will empower the users to positively connect with software and have engaging experiences during pre-release and operationalization phases to achieve excellence. You will work cross functionally with Product, Subject Matter Experts and Individual Users to help position Deluxe as a digital leader in the industry. This position is based in Burbank and reports to a Senior Manager, Technical Operations.
A Day in the Life of this position includes:
• Leadership & Change Management: Demonstrate leadership while balancing and engaging internal and external stakeholders during all stages of software development and implementation, reacting smartly when business needs or priorities shift; foster relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders to build and maintain a supportive environment for strategic partnerships; support the growth of your team mates through delegation, development and coaching opportunities; facilitate communications regarding technology changes as it relates to your department; demonstrate support towards cultural transformations that make Deluxe a digital leader.
• Management: Manage own projects within agreed upon deadlines; report on progress of own projects; contribute to projects managed by your teammates; identify opportunities or blockers during project execution and discuss potential solutions with your management and teammates;
• Projects: Contribute to the design and execution of projects related to software deployment such as:
• Evaluation of pre-release system enhancements; planning and driving execution of post-release implementation of new functionality or system updates;
• Defining best practices for technical writing as it relates to release instructions and overall documentation;
• Design and implementation of process revisions leading to simpler and more efficient workflows;
• Providing expert knowledge requiring critical thinking and effective root cause analysis, troubleshooting, providing interim stop-gap solutions until long-term viable solutions are proposed, developed and workable; escalating critical blockers efficiently and providing subject matter expertise to Product and Development teams on long-term solutions.
• Objectives and Key Results:
• On-time delivery of project plans and progress reports
• Successful implementation of system updates driven by targeted controlled testing, distribution of clear and concise user guides and engaging training materials
• Successful implementation of new client onboarding driven by proper deployment of all required configurations, compliance and validation tests and distribution of clear and concise operational guidelines
• Maintain accurate technical specifications for assigned workflows and product lines
• Contribute to fostering a culture of innovation, efficiency and metrics-driven decision making
• Collaboration: Work with cross-functional leads to implement selected projects and support innovative technology-driven scaled solutions; foster collaboration within your team as well as external groups, monitor implementation performance while ensuring accountability
What You Bring:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Engineering, Production or Post Production Studies or applicable equivalent experience
• Global business insight with theoretical and practical knowledge of localization best practices and industry standards
• Practical knowledge of commercial localization software ( e.g. WinCaps, CaptionMaker/MacCaption, Poliscript Create, EZTitles, Swift) and commonly used file formats ( e.g. EBU STL, DFXP, TTML, SCC, IMSC, PAC) for OTT, Broadcast, Theatrical and Home Entertainment
• Ability to create and edit technical documentation as it relates to software design, implementation and end user experience
• Ability to clearly communicate technical or non-technical information according to the audience
• Ability to apply critical thinking and root cause analysis
• Adaptability and resiliency to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflows
• Ability to manage complex projects and tasks
• Ability to identify risks and effectively manage activities to mitigate them
• Demonstrated leadership skills
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.