Technical Operations Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Technical Operations Engineer
As a Technical Operations Engineer you will work closely with our Media Engineering, DevOps, and Content Operations teams to ensure high availability and uptime of our content processing pipeline that controls storage, ingestion, transcoding, DRM packaging, and distribution of digital media assets. You will provide input on and resolution to production pipeline issues as well as perform continual day-to-day pipeline monitoring, analysis, and management. Further you will help define workflows, new tools to improve the process, and recommend product improvements. This position is based out of Burbank, CA.
The Technical Operations Engineer must have the ability to navigate and analyze large amounts of data and effectively communicate the results of your analysis on a daily basis.
A Day in the Life of this position includes:
• Respond diligently to on and off-duty alerts as your work will be critical to our day-to-day operations.
• Troubleshoot various technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround when necessary.
• Ability to pinpoint problems in highly distributed systems, isolate problems between hardware and software, and communicate that information to the Engineering and Infrastructure teams.
• Reproduce issues and if necessary, file defects, escalate to Engineering, and document SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
• Recommend system optimizations, changes in process flow and documenting work instructions, standard operating procedures, and FAQs.
• Execute technical projects for Metadata and Packaging on boarding to Deluxe Platform.
• Lead execution of technical projects involving several teams as needed.
• Work in a fast-paced technical environment and support products with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates.
What You Bring:
• 2–5 years prior experience in a similar support role and 3 years prior experience with media supply chain packaging
• Some experience working with digital media, transcoding and DRM technologies (Widevine and/or PlayReady)
• 1+ year experience using Splunk or other operational intelligence tools (e.g., Loggly, Log Logic, Sumo Logic, New Relic, etc.)
• Previous experience working in post-production distribution
• Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and someone who is passionate about quality, supportability, and detail.
• Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows systems
• Solid knowledge of regular expressions and statistics
• Experience with SaaS and multi-tenant highly distributed systems
• Driven, self-motivated, and capable of managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
• Creative and efficient in solving complex, time-critical problems.
• Desired Experience
• Previous experience as a developer or experience writing code
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.