Deluxe EntertainmentVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Melbourne and Montreal. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.
Method Studios is currently looking for a creative Technical Artist to join our Vancouver team. Candidates must demonstrate a deep understanding of both art and technology in the computer games context. Game development experience is essential and working well with various clients simultaneously is expected.
• Proactively seek out pipeline improvements, workflows and technology issues
• Research and explore systematic solutions that solve problems and enable efficient productivity
• Provide technical support for a variety of departments
• Troubleshoot and solve problems for teammates to enable them to do their best work
• Experience and comfort working with in-engine techniques and solutions (Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard)
• Comprehensive knowledge of CG fundamentals: modeling, texturing/shading/surfacing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering, compositing.
• Strong understanding of game development frameworks and methodologies
• Ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
• Ability to foster a strong community with an emphasis on high performance and guaranteed delivery