Technical Art Supervisor
Deluxe EntertainmentVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Melbourne and Montreal. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.
Candidates for the Technical Art Supervisor role must demonstrate a deep understanding of both art and technology in the computer games context. Significant game development experience is essential and working well with various clients simultaneously is expected.
• Oversee the design and integration of all in-engine work.
• Work with rigging and animation teams to ensure animations are imported correctly.
• Troubleshoot various in-engine technical difficulties with shaders, lights, and rendering.
• Regularly interface with 3D leads, Creative Directors and clients.
• Coordinate with internal and external development teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives.
• Research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks.
• Need to have a creative eye and aesthetic judgement to help drive visual quality.
• Comprehensive knowledge of CG fundamentals: modeling, texturing/shading/surfacing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering, compositing.
• Strong understanding of game development frameworks and methodologies.
• Understanding of various gaming platform limitations with regard to visual assets.
• Expert understanding of at least one 3D package, preferably Maya and also other widely used production tools such as Zbrush and Substance Painter.
• Ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
• Experienced with cross team development and working with external vendors and partners.
• Ability to foster a strong community with an emphasis on high performance and guaranteed delivery.