Tech Check - Linguistics Specialist - Theatrical
Deluxe EntertainmentBangalore, KA
Full Time Job
Deluxe Media leads the advertising and entertainment industries with innovative supply chain solutions that help market, enrich, and enable media distribution to all platforms and all consumers throughout the world. Deluxe Media is a global company with presence in 8 countries. Our clients include the major Hollywood studios as well as a growing number of on-line retailers.
Designation: Linguistic Specialist- Quality Checks
Primary responsibility tasks are assigned to each specialist dynamically, based on workload, availability and specialization.
• Quality Control of subtitle files for theatrical, digital cinema, broadcast, and home entertainment for worldwide markets.
• Quality control of dubbing scripts for broadcast for worldwide markets.
• A variety of production tasks that require applied language skills, such as spotting, timing, translation, proof, reworking re-purposed material, corrections, foreign dialogue verification
• A variety of production tasks that require technical skills, using proprietary and commercial software, including script cleaning, rendering of subtitle images, video ingest
• Communicate with the coordinators and account managers responsible for overseeing the projects
• Ensure that deadlines are met
• Testing and debugging of proprietary software
• Contribute actively to the training of new employees and serve as a mentor as to training approaches used by team; provide input for evaluations
• Maintain and update guidelines for freelance linguists
• Maintain and update work instructions and checklists for departmental staff
• Create ad-hoc workflows for one-off special projects
• Create work instructions for new procedures
• Multi-tasking, problem-solving, decision-making, and keeping abreast of new procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Proven experience in editorial, proofreading and/or translation is a must
• Excellent command of English, and minimum B-2 Certification for German Language
• Strong analytical skills
• Broad cultural knowledge and wide range of interest
• Team player, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work under pressure of a deadline
• Good command of Microsoft Windows systems and Microsoft Office Suite
• Background in audio-visual and film production an asset