Team Lead, Scripting and Audio Description
Deluxe EntertainmentBangalore, KA
Full Time Job
Team Lead, Scripting and Audio Description ( Subtitling)
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours.
At Deluxe, we work with the following values:
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.
Team Lead, Scripting and Audio Description ?:
Manage the team's performance and quality, supervise team members, provide feedback and training, work with the team to create and deliver error free files. Efficient coordination of all projects, ensuring that all deadlines are met across every time zone.
- Ensure that the writing within each file is creative and descriptive, and correctly follows the rules of English grammar.
- Ensure that each file is checked against reference materials related to the project, and implement required instructions, be it specific to that project or otherwise, to ensure that the final product is consistent and error-free.
- Check that the file conforms to department guidelines and/or client specifications.
- Ensure that every file is delivered as per specified deadlines.
- Ensure assignments are assigned as per:
• AD writer's skill level and if it is adequate for the project to be handled effectively
• the project's deadline, so that all files are delivered 100% on-time across any time zone
- Communicate clearly and effectively with supervisors and coordinators, both within the office and, if required, in the sister locations, regarding the status of work.
- Drive internal quality working by organizing or setting up reminders for refresher trainings regularly.
- Check the schedule to ensure files are not delayed and are on track
- Oversee high priority clients/project.
- Make sure we are meeting if not exceeding clients' quality and turnaround expectations by
• ensuring the right process is adopted for the quality and turnaround time expectations
• ensuring right resources are chosen and well trained.
- Conduct monthly individual 1-1 meetings with metrics and areas for improvement for editors.
- Manage personnel and any issues they might have, especially those of a disciplinary nature, if required.
- Conduct weekly meetings and provide production updates, change in procedures/workflow etc.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and brainstorming sessions when required.
- Attendance and leave management for the team.
- Conduct 1, 3, 6 months performance reviews for editors along with Manager.
- Contribute to hiring new writers for the team as per production requirements.
- Contribute data for annual performance appraisals.
- Maintain upkeep of the team's data on the network.
- Maintain metrics for quality and productivity
- Maintain cordial relations with colleagues both within the team and in other departments.
- Actively participate in all job/personal knowledge training programs.
- Follow all company policies without fail.
& Personal Attributes:
- Clear & precise communication skills.
- Good analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Good people management skills.
- Broad cultural knowledge and wide range of interests.
- Team player, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work under tight deadline.
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint