Systems / Software Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Our company values are:
• Be Pioneers – We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity
• Pursue Diversity – Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business
• Act with Integrity – We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company
• Take Ownership – We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company
• Collaborate – Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support
• Exceed Expectations – We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations
We currently have a need for a Systems/Software Engineer. This position is ideal for individuals who have the drive and desire to 'make things'. It requires a highly-motivated engineer with attention to details and a hunger to learn and solve problems.
An engineer in this position will manage, maintain, support & improve our technology platform. This role will span knowledge across infrastructure, networking as well as software development. The individual will need to think out of the box and come up with
solutions that can scale, are fault-tolerant, easy to grasp and elegant.
• 5+ years of hands on experience with a Linux operating system.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of Linux/UNIX, networking and programming fundamentals.
• Thorough understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
• Experience with load-balancers, proxies, and service discovery.
• Solid understanding of DNS and its internals.
• Hands-on experience with at least 1 cloud provider such as AWS, DigitalOcean, GCE
• Experience with at least 1 of the following scripting languages: Python, Shell, Perl, Ruby
• Experience with at least 1 of the following typed languages: C, C++, Java, Golang, Elixir, Rust
• Experience with automating Configuration Management, Build Management, and Release Engineer processes.
• Experience with running all infrastructure-as-code.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• 5+ years of experience with high-traffic, high-volumes applications.
• Experience with distributed systems and related concepts.
• Good knowledge and understanding of SQL vs. NoSQL data stores including but not limited to Postgres, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Rethinkdb, Cassandra, HBase
• Expertise working with a CI/CD pipeline such as Jenkins.
• Knowledge of container technologies and related eco-system such as Docker, ECS, Nomad, Consul, CoreOS, Kubernetes, Etcd among others.
• Experience with HashiCorp tools, such as Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault, Packer.
• Experience with DevOps with a focus on network engineering.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.