Subtitle QC Editor
Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
SUBTITLE QC EDITOR
The overall job purpose is to lead the quality control (QC) process of pre-recorded subtitle files created off site, ensuring they adhere to the standards as dictated by the Company and its clients, and to assist in the related administration process, ensuring continuity of delivery.
- To lead the quality control (QC) process of subtitle files created off site.
- To assist in the administration process, liaising with managers in ensuring systems workflows are effective, efficient and operationally successful.
- To provide feedback where appropriate in order to improve outcomes.
- To troubleshoot where necessary, ensuring continuity of process.
- To liaise with the LAS Manager/s to ensure consistency of style and formatting
- To successfully edit programme content, accurately interpreting the soundtrack and retaining sense and meaning, correcting mishears and errors.
- To deliver subtitle files of the required quality to meet post-QC requirements.
- To record output figures as required
- To deliver at least the current minimum productivity requirement
- To be reactive and responsive to feedback, suggesting and implementing improvements and efficiencies where necessary
- To liaise with the Technical Services Department to ensure personal continuity of output
- When required, to originate accurate subtitles according to required standards and styles, meeting specific client specifications, within the time-frame required by the project, troubleshooting where necessary
The following skills and abilities are viewed as necessary to enable the role of Subtitle Editor to be carried out efficiently and to meet client/business needs.
- To demonstrate sufficient knowledge and the ability to use subtitling software and, with training, to be able to absorb new versions or systems as introduced.
- To demonstrate sufficient knowledge and the ability to use other software such as MS Word and Excel.
- To be proficient in the use of administration software such as Xytech and Sfera
- To demonstrate levels of literacy commensurate with the position
- To be able to accept constructive feedback and react accordingly to change and improvement
- To display flexibility with regards to working hours to meet the ever-changing requirements of the business and its clients
- To demonstrate communication abilities as dictated by the working environment
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours.
At Deluxe, we work with the following values:
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.