Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/7/2020 2:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Staff Accountant jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Staff Accountant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Staff Accountant?
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide.
We currently have an opening for a Staff Accountant. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
The Staff Accountant will assist in and be responsible for month-end close and related account analyses, reconciliations, roll-forwards and reporting. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure timely and accurate monthly closing and post-closing journal entries, account review and variance analysis.
• Prepare and track monthly recurring and non-recurring tasks and journal entries.
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial statements.
• Assist with preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and monthly financial reporting packages.
• Prepare supporting schedules by using SAP downloads, Excel pivot tables and various Excel formulas and functions.
• Assist with the preparation of fixed asset Authorization for Expenditures (''AFEs'') including setup, tracking and reporting of AFEs and assets.
• Analyze, reconcile and follow-up on worldwide intercompany transactions and balances.
• Track prepaid expenses, accruals and other ongoing activity including preparation of amortization schedules.
• Assist with invoice preparation and tracking of revenues and deferred revenues by customer.
• Prepare various Corporate-requested analyses and schedules, as needed.
• Liaison to operations in support of expense coding for purchase orders, check requests, T&E charges, etc.
• Maintain documentation of procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Prepare schedules and analyses for financial statement audits and tax compliance reporting.
• Assist with revenue, activity and earnings flash preparations.
• Assist with maintenance and organization of accounting files (paper and electronic).
• Assist in budgeting and forecasting processes, including analyses, assumptions gathering, projections, presentations and report dissemination.
• Assist with testing for system enhancements and reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
• Perform special projects and prepare ad hoc operational and financial analyses as required by management.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent, including thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• 1-3 years' progressive experience in an accounting role, including experience with month-end reporting; budgeting and forecasting experience a plus.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
• SAP accounting software experience preferred, including querying and journal uploading.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
• Proficient in all standard PC applications, specifically intermediate to advanced experience with Excel, including using pivot tables, functions, formulas and graphs.
• Solid communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability and willingness to interact effectively with different multiple personalities and styles, within and outside the department.
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and plan well in order to meet deadlines, without hesitancy to ask for direction or assistance/guidance from supervisors.
• Comfortable working in a demanding fast-paced environment, taking on new tasks, handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven department.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.