Sr. Systems Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, your responsibilities will include deploying and administering Linux, Mac, Windows, SAN/NAS systems. In addition, you will be responsible for resolving complex technical problems across an IT infrastructure in a fast-paced production environment.
• Storage and Archiving administration (LTO Tape Library Operations)
• Technical management of physical and virtual systems, including servers and storage.
• Troubleshoot and resolve IT service issues related to operating systems and servers.
• Ability to install, configure and monitor Linux (Redhat/CentOS) OS and software.
• Ability to install, configure and monitor Windows OS and software.
• Ability to install, configure and monitor Mac OS and software.
• Writing documentation for the technical support staff on systems-related procedures.
• Participate in racking equipment when necessary.
• Operate as team lead on IT projects
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years related information technology technical experience.
• Experience with SAN/NAS Storage Administration (StorNext/Quantum or other)
• Intermediate to advanced Linux administration
• Experience with Linux shell scripting (or other scripting language)
• Experience with Linux automation (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible) a plus
• Fibre Channel switch administration (Brocade) a plus.
• Active Directory administration a plus.
• The individual must be flexible and able to multitask between numerous and diverse tasks.
• Team player, also capable of independent work, study and analysis.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Will be required to participate in after-hours, weekend and holiday on-call rotation.
• Server and desktop hardware knowledge.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.