Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer, Technical Lead
California-based Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc., is the leading provider of a broad range of entertainment industry services and technologies. We offer complete film and digital solutions for production, post-production, major studio and independent theatrical release, broadcast, home entertainment, archiving and asset management. Deluxe operates facilities in major film, video and digital production markets around the world.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer / Technical Lead to help build innovative solutions within our cloud-based Enterprise Localization platform.
This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
• This position will include 40% leading the team, and 60% hands on development
• Partner with Managers and Architects in the analysis and estimation of future work impacting team
• Define cross-system design in coordination with other Tech Leads
• Coordinate the team of 5 software engineers to execute technical implementation
• Manage, design and participate in development of multiple concurrent front-end and server-side software development projects in a fast-paced multitasked environment
• Take the lead on solving and implementing difficult technology challenges and drive team to successful delivery
• Ensure long term software quality, scalability, and maintainability
• Ensure team follows software development best practices on topics such as code structure, automated testing, and documentation
• Assist with technical resolution of issues on mission critical production and development systems
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• BS degree in Information Systems/Computer Science/related field or equivalent hands-on experience
• Experience of technical leading a team of 5 software engineers, performing code reviews and enforcing best practices
• Experience with GOlang, docker, composer, git, jira, nginx, php-fpm, apache, linux
• In-depth knowledge of software development, patterns and architecture
• Experience with test-driven design and Agile methodologies
• Experience with relational and NOSQL databases, and understanding of data architecture
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, ability to make technical decisions and leverage AWS in microservice design
• Deep knowledge of distributed computing and practical experience with building microservices (REST, JWT)
• Good understanding of Internet technologies (HTTP, SSL, TCP)
• Knowledge and experience in web application security
• Deep technical knowledge and experience with following subjects:
• Video/audio containers, codecs
• Media manipulation tools: ffmpeg, mediainfo, sox, mp4box
• Secure Content Streaming with DASH, HLS
• File transfers using Aspera, Signiant
• Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.