Software Developer, Python
Deluxe EntertainmentToronto, ON
Full Time Job
Position: Software Developer
Reports to: Software Development Manager
Location: Toronto, ON
Facility: Stereo D Canada Ltd
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, working with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. Stereo D also provides a high-quality global animation service provider supporting creators in bringing their stories to life. Our team of world-class animation production veterans are innovators and problem-solvers. Stereo D is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Company3 (www.company3.com).
We are currently seeking a Software Developer with Python experience to join our fantastic Dev team.
This Software Developer will contribute to the creation and maintenance of software applications and innovative pipeline with FLUX. The tools developed are used for asset management, production management for the DFX workflow across multiple international facilities. This Developer will be staffed in the Toronto FLUX Development team and report to the Director of Software Development in Toronto. The DFX Developer will help advance the DFX teams use of FLUX by answering support questions and helping with feature needs and workflows as spec'ed and scheduled by the FLUX Director of Software Development.
• Design, code, and support applications, tools and processes which extend and enhance an innovative pipeline including asset management, production management, and other tools.
• Collaborate with Designers, Developers, and TAs to optimize workflow and tool integration.
• Support production and artist concerns including debugging, troubleshooting and managing fixes.
• Participate in a positive and productive work environment and contribute to collaborative efforts across multiple facilities.
• Python and C++ are musts.
• Good understanding of software development best practices is a must
• Good troubleshooting and debugging skills.
• Ability to work with a team to deliver high quality software in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated ability to influence the development roadmap and take ownership over projects
• B Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of in-depth professional experience in software development
Nice to haves:
• Experience with GUI framework especially Qt.
• Experience with Django a huge plus.
• Relational database design concepts, and experience dealing with large databases an asset.
• Experience with PostgreSQL or any other SQL language a plus.
• Experience with Nuke or Maya a plus.
• Other tools/technologies: Docker, BDR, Jenkins, NginX
Benefits & Perks
• We have a great company culture. We value our Stereo D Crew and the creativity and innovation they put into delivering the amazing projects we work on.
• We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program
• We're located in the heart of Liberty Village, close to amenities and easily accessible by public transit
• We dress casual and comfortable
Creativity has diversity at its core. We celebrate the value of each unique experience by being dedicated to fostering the most diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where every employee feels empowered and safe to show up to work as their full self.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.