Senior Systems Administrator
Deluxe EntertainmentToronto, ON
Full Time Job
Position: Senior Systems Administrator, IT
Location: Toronto, Canada
Facility: Stereo D
Deluxe Animation Studios is a global animation service provider supporting creators in bringing
their stories to life. Our team of world-class animation production veterans are innovators and
problem-solvers. Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical
content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, working with major motion picture studios, directors,
cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Systems Administrator. This position will be located in Toronto, ON.
The Senior Systems Administrator reports to the Manager of Production Technology. As a key technical team member, they will be responsible for systems architecture and administration of enterprise and distributed technologies, maintaining/securing/scaling local and global infrastructure, and will also participate in group wide planning efforts in collaboration with other facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install, deploy, and maintain all backend systems and software that runs our operations.
• Quickly diagnose and resolve infrastructure hardware and software issues.
• Maintain and ensure compliance with our security policies.
• Identify any risks to production systems integrity and coordinate remediation projects with other team members.
• Develop and maintain system and data configurations and manage backups of all priority infrastructure and data to ensure efficient and dependable redundancy for all critical production resources.
• Standardize and optimize workstation, render, and server deployment, and deploy and maintain systems monitoring.
• Work with technology management to understand the longer-term development goals of the group and execute according to requirements.
• Maintain organized cabling throughout our server rooms, telco closets and datacenters, including proper labeling and documentation of equipment, connections, and configurations.
• Keep up to date on new technology, standards, protocols, and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment.
• Mentor other team members and encourage growth through collaboration on key projects.
• 5+ years experience as a systems administrator in a VFX/Animation studio in a feature or episodic environment.
• Deep knowledge of VFX/Animation pipeline tools and supporting technologies.
• Excellent Customer Service and proven communication skills – must be a team player (hard requirement).
• Capacity to address a variety of complex problems with clear focus and concise communication while servicing Production needs within a fast -paced dynamic environment.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or related field preferred.
• Knowledge of cloud based distributed server/storage and data transport technologies.
• Have a thorough understanding of security practices: (i.e. MPAA, Disney, ISO 27001, TPN).
• Thorough systems engineering experience with IT infrastructure including but not limited to:
• Application servers (hardware, virtual, and hyper-converged infrastructure)
• Network infrastructure (Switches, routers, firewalls, WiFi, VPN)
• Enterpise NAS/SAN data storage systems
• Renderfarms (management and deployment)
• Application Support (Maya, Toon Boom, VRay and/or other studio software)
• Editorial technologies (Quantel, Avid, Premier) and other video transport technologies.
• Firewall, routers, switches, and ancillary devices.
• Active Directory or related directory services administration.
• Windows, OSX, and Linux platforms.
• Scripting capabilities in Bash, Python, and/or C++ are preferred
• Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Benefits & Perks:
• We have a great company culture! We value our crew and the creativity and innovation they put into delivering these amazing projects
• We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program
• We dress casual and comfortable
• Cereal bar, unlimited oatmeal, unlimited coffee, tea, fruits, and snacks!
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.