Senior Software Developer
Deluxe EntertainmentToronto, ON
Full Time Job
Position: Senior Software Developer
Reports to: Director, Software Development
Location: Toronto, ON
Facility: Stereo D
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, working with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has completed work for such films as END GAME, TITANIC in 3D, THE AVENGERS, AVATAR, AND CAPTAIN AMERICA. The company also provides end-to-end 3D production services on feature films, television productions and commercials. Stereo D is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., (www.bydeluxe.com).
We are currently seeking an experienced Software Developer to join the Dev team.
This Senior Software Developer will contribute to the creation and maintenance of software applications and innovative pipeline with FLUX. The tools developed are used for asset management and production management for multiple workflows across multiple international facilities.
• Design, code, and support applications, tools and processes which extend and enhance an innovative pipeline including asset management, production management, and other tools.
• Collaborate with Designers, Developers, and TAs to optimize workflow and tool integration.
• Support production and artist concerns including debugging, troubleshooting and managing fixes.
• Participate in a positive and productive work environment and contribute to collaborative efforts across multiple facilities.
• C++ and Python
• Good understanding of software development best practices is a must
• Good troubleshooting and debugging skills.
• Ability to work with a team to deliver high quality software in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• B Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years of in-depth professional experience in software development
Nice to haves:
• Experience with GUI framework especially Qt.
• Experience with Django a huge plus.
• Relational database design concepts, and experience dealing with large databases an asset.
• Experience with PostgreSQL or any other SQL language a plus.
• Experience with Nuke or Maya a plus.
• Experience developing on MacOS and Linux
• Other tools/technologies: BDR, Jenkins, NginX
Benefits & Perks
• We have a great company culture. We value our Stereo D Crew and the creativity and innovation they put into delivering the amazing projects we work on.
• We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program
• We're located in the heart of Liberty Village, close to amenities and easily accessible by public transit
• We dress casual and comfortable
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.