Senior Product Owner
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Product Owner
The Senior Product Owner will be responsible for owning the features, roadmaps, plans and sustainability across multiple individual products and services. They will work to design complicated and abstract workflows that can then be brought to the engineering team to design a useful implementation that can be used to support various use cases and feature requirements. The Senior Product Owner will work with various internal and external stakeholders, including executive management and department managers to understand overall business strategy, product features and requirements and prioritize & communicate those requirements to the Scrum development teams. The individual will work with the development team across multiple teams and services to ensure successful translation of those requirements into high-quality software taking full responsibility for the development, user experience, timelines and ongoing enhancements of the product or product line. The Senior Product Owner will need to prioritize multiple projects, epics, clarify requirements, and write/accept user stories throughout the software development lifecycle.
This position will need an individual that has a self-starter mindset without sacrificing the ability to be collaborative and work well intra and cross functionally. They should have the ability to lead and influence a team by example and through hard work. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
• Interface with key stakeholders, including senior managers, engineering, support, and sales organizations, to define, develop, shape, and refine requirements of a complex software product (or product line) at the heart of the company's business within the context of the business strategy & goals.
• Define, prioritize, and clarify user stories; working with others to understand use cases, features, business & technical domain rules and overall product goals.
• Build and groom product backlog(s). Create and groom short, medium, and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with key stakeholders.
• Collaborate with the Scrum teams to run successful Release Planning, and iterative versions and deployments of features.
• Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria. Periodically review the product with stakeholders to ensure product meets expectations and is competitive in the marketplace in all regards including user experience
• Work with engineering teams to continuously improve product ownership and other agile processes.
• Track goals and metrics to measure the effectiveness after release, monitor & report on progress to stakeholders.
• Perform product demos and evangelize across other teams as needed. Stay in sync with overall company product strategy and evaluate managed products with respect to potential connections/APIs/integrations with other company/partner products.
• Own and maintain product documentation including feature lists, roadmaps, pricing, module lists, internal sales training materials, demo videos etc. Study competitive offerings in the market and anticipate customer needs.
What You Bring
• Bachelors/Master's in Computer Science or Business Administration preferred
• 4-6 years of directly applicable experience as a product owner in a software organization preferred or, 6-8 years of experience in product/product line category with deep domain knowledge and understanding of tools and workflows used.
• Strong knowledge of engineering processes, some tangible knowledge on cloud architecture, API workflows, and various engineering and quality assurance practices.
• Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools. Direct hands-on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
• Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority – strong technical background preferred.
• Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• CSPO or equivalent certification preferred.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet deadlines. Some travel may be required.
• Experience in the media & entertainment industry is highly desired in an ideal candidate; especially related to one or more of the following areas - digital audio, digital video, asset management systems/platforms, multimedia formats, localization and/or consumer electronic devices (depending on the product line being considered for)
• Experience in one or more of the following area(s) is preferred – Interoperable Master Format (IMF), data warehousing, Media Asset Management (MAM)
• High command of verbal and written English with good communication and reporting skills
• Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines and flexible to work extended hours/weekends as needed.
• Self-motivated, team player and action-and-results oriented.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.