Senior Network Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Network Engineer
The role of the Senior Network Engineer is to support the design, implementation and operations of Metro Area Networks (MAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), Local Area Networks (LAN), Wireless Networks and the implementation and administration of firewalls and firewall rule policies. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
• Assist in the designs and implementation of MANs including DWDM systems, network routers at Deluxe facilities, data centers and network hub locations.
• Installs and configures necessary network monitoring and management devices for LANs, MANs and WNs.
• Maintains documentation regarding network configurations, operating procedures and service records relating to hardware and software.
• Assist with network design and implementation of firewalls and applies firewall policies and rule sets to multiple systems with impeccable documentation.
• Implements and managed Cisco Wireless Access Points (WAPs) and policy enforcement across Deluxe facilities.
• Perform regular network and firewall monitoring to identify potential intrusions or high utilizations.
• Manage tasks and projects in BMC ticketing system.
• Participate in after business hour support and incident, response escalations.
• Work with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices.
• Perform other tasks as requested by the Manager of Network and Department Head.
What You Bring
• Knowledge and experience configuring and operating Cisco and Juniper switches and routers, CCIE, CCNA and Juniper certifications preferred.
• Experience administering firewall policies on multiple platforms: Palo Alto, Juniper and Cisco.
• Experience with configuration, installation, troubleshooting, and supporting network equipment, wireless access points, firewall policies across different platforms.
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
• Excellent client relationship skills.
• Excellent documentation skills using Microsoft Office Suite including Visio for network drawing.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work early mornings and/or late nights to execute critical network changes.
• Ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies and products, independently using documentation and online resources.
• Works well in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines for deliverables.
• Bachelors' degree in information systems, computer science preferred. 7 years of equivalent work experience with certifications considered.
• Experience in routed networks, network operations and firewall rule administration.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.