Senior Manager, Subtitling Operations
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Subtitling Operations
As a Senior Manager of Subtitling Operations, you will be instrumental in providing critical support to plan, organize and/or execute a variety of localization projects.
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
In this role, your primary focus will be to respond to the evolving market needs by assisting in evaluation of the business opportunities and design of cost-efficient and scaled solutions. With your deep knowledge of various localization workflows for media & entertainment, you will collaborate with global production teams on implementation of assignment strategies for complex projects. You will assist the leadership in monitoring and managing the KPI performance data, process improvement actions and help manage corrective actions across projects. Through your passion for collaboration you will build and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners and cross-functional global stakeholders. You will work cross functionally with Client Services, Project Coordination, Editorial, Linguistic Quality, Product, Finance, Marketing and Legal. The position reports to the Director, Localization Operations and Quality.
A Day in the Life of this position would include the following:
• Supervise a local subtitling project coordination team.
• Provide critical support to plan, organize and/or execute a variety of localization projects. This can be on a local or global scale.
• Provide critical technical support to the local and global teams, using your expert knowledge in media localization file formats.
• Collaborate with global teams to design and execute project plans optimized for time, quality and cost.
• Manage a variety of complex, large scale localization projects.
• Collaborate with global production leads to monitor and manage project KPI performance data.
• Respond to Client Services or direct Customer escalations. Work on figuring out root causes for escalations and provide timely, client-friendly responses.
• Evaluate external and internal resource needs to support a variety of projects. Advise department leads on resource needs.
• Collaborate with global production managers to constantly monitor on time delivery metrics. Escalate when projects appear to be at risk and collaborate with global leads to provide appropriate solutions.
• Evaluate workflows and costs and provide insights leading into cost-effective solutions.
What You Bring:
• BA/MA Degree in Communication, Production or Post-Production Studies or applicable equivalent experience
• 3-5 years experience in managing complex, large scale projects within localization, with emphasis on subtitling workflows
• Experience and ability to supervise large scale projects with local and remote teams
• Exceptional communication skills across all levels (verbal, written)
• Experience and expert knowledge of various localization workflows with emphasis on subtitling for all media & entertainment distribution channels
• The ability to engage with and motivate culturally diverse, distributed teams (listen, influence, lead)
• An attraction to applying deep critical thinking on difficult problems
• The ability to clearly communicate project requirements and goals
• The ability to identify risks and effectively manage activities to minimize impact
• Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Self-starter, independent learner
• Developing management and leadership skills
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.