Senior Manager, Linguistic Quality
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Linguistic Quality
As a Senior Manager of Linguistic Quality, you will be responsible for overseeing the quality of a distributed workforce of over 6,000 linguists. In this role, your primary focus will be guaranteeing that client-specific linguistic requirements and preferences are met for all deliverables and product lines.
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
With your deep knowledge of localization industry standards for media & entertainment, you will manage client-specific programs and develop talent, identify and resolve process and training gaps, respond to quality escalations and client queries and promote best practices that support linguistic quality. You will assist the leadership in monitoring and managing KPI performance data, process improvement actions and help manage corrective actions across projects. Through your passion for collaboration, you will build and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners and cross-functional global stakeholders. You will work cross functionally with Client Services, Talent Acquisition, Translator Training, Project Coordination, Editorial, Quality Programs, Product, Finance, Marketing and Legal. This position reports to a Director of Operations, Subtitling.
• Supervise a local subtitling linguistic quality team.
• Provide critical support to client-specific quality programs.
• Provide critical support to local and global teams, using your expert knowledge in translation and localization best practices for media & entertainment.
• Collaborate with Translator Management teams to ensure recruitment and training activities support linguistic quality and client expectations.
• Collaborate with global production leads to monitor and manage project KPI performance data.
• Respond to Client Services or direct Customer escalations. Work on determining root causes for escalations and provide timely, client-friendly responses.
• Evaluate external and internal resource needs to support client-specific products and programs. Advise department leads on resource needs.
• Collaborate with global production managers to monitor high-profile projects. Escalate when projects appear to be at risk and collaborate with global leads to provide appropriate solutions.
• Evaluate workflows and provide insights leading into solutions that support linguistic quality.
• Other responsibilities assigned as needed.
• Leadership: Demonstrate leadership as part of your engagement in a variety of internal operational activities including business management and project management. Motivate and empower collaborators to execute complex, large scale projects. Foster relationships and partner with key stakeholders to build and maintain a supportive environment for strategic partnerships; actively support cultural transformations to make Deluxe a digital-first company.
• Management: Liaise with individuals or teams to drive ongoing operational initiatives. Identify and communicate opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Programs: Contribute to development of comprehensive project plans for initiatives that merge customer requirements with company goals; look for opportunities to optimize workflows, resolve community or customer issues.
• Collaboration: Work with cross-functional leads to implement selected programs and support technology-driven scaled solutions; constantly use your deep knowledge of localization workflows for media & entertainment to support efficient project planning and execution.
Experience, Qualifications & Key Competencies:
• BA/MA Degree in Translation, Localization Management or applicable equivalent experience
• 3-5 years experience in managing linguistic quality within localization, with emphasis on subtitling workflows
• Experience and ability to supervise large scale projects with local and remote teams
• Exceptional communication skills across all levels (verbal, written)
• Experience and expert knowledge of various localization workflows with emphasis on subtitling for all media & entertainment distribution channels
• The ability to engage with and motivate culturally diverse, distributed teams (listen, influence, lead)
• An attraction to applying deep critical thinking on difficult problems
• The ability to clearly communicate client expectations, project requirements and goals
• The ability to identify risks and effectively manage activities to minimize impact
• Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Self-starter, independent learner
• Developing management and leadership skills
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.