Senior Director, Dubbing Operations
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Director, Dubbing Operations
As a Senior Director of Dubbing Operations, you will be instrumental in the development of performance goals and long-term dubbing operational plans that ensure audiences around the world experience the highest quality of localized audio assets.
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
You will drive setting and maintaining dubbing quality standards at Deluxe and helping us grow global market share. As an ideal candidate, you have extensive management experience and you are an expert in the fields of sound recording, editing, mixing, dubbing/localization. You have experience in running dubbing studio operations, and you understand the creative principles and goals of dubbing localization. Your organizational, communication and leadership skills are second to none and your focus on customer satisfaction is paramount to the success of the dubbing operations. In this role, you will respond to the evolving market needs and engage in developing solutions that push innovative boundaries and help the industry continue embracing the digital transformation. You will collaborate cross-functionally to set up a best-in-class dubbing training program that sets Deluxe apart from all other localization providers. Through your passion for dubbing, technology, collaboration and education, you will empower the teams working with you to deliver programs that deeply impact and shape the future of the dubbing industry. You will work cross functionally with Client Services and Bidding team, Creative Localization Team, Scripting Editorial, Audio and Video Editorial, Linguistic Quality, Product, Finance, Marketing and Legal.
A Day in the Life of this position would include the following:
• As a Subject Matter Expert, contribute to the development and implementation of cutting edge dubbing operational systems and processes that provide visibility into day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
• Develop and implement best-in-class quality program to monitor quality output of our internal and external dubbing studios. Ensure key quality metrics are aligned with direct client expectations and content dubbed by Deluxe deliver best end-user experience.
• Collaborate with the Training Team to establish best-in-class dubbing training program and assist in the global implementation of the training.
• Capture and define industry best practices as it relates to content creative strategies, cultural awareness of territory nuances, and physical production. Collaborate with the Training Team to create and publish internal dubbing guidelines that capture streamlined global approach to dubbing procedures at Deluxe.
• Develop and monitor goals, progress, and obstacles for our key dubbing initiatives.
• Build and maintain strong, exceptional relationships with all department heads to make sound decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with our dubbing studio partners and other external vendors. Create exceptional, positive and collaborative experience.
• Collaborate with executive management and regional heads on strategies that ensure growth of dubbing-related programs company-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs.
• Uphold organization and industry specific policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed.
• Lead teams with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
• Represent Deluxe in a positive, professional and innovative manner through participation in industry groups and events.
What You Bring:
• Bachelor's Degree in Audio Engineering, Sound Production, Post Production or applicable equivalent experience
• Experience in audiovisual technology, knowledge of audio formats, best practices and maintenance
• Experience interacting with creatives, dubbing and voice-over talent as well as direct studio clients
• Experience in managing distributed workforce and large scale vendor-management
• The ability to engage with and motivate culturally diverse, distributed team
• Experience in managing large, complex projects
• Exceptional communication skills across all levels (verbal, written)
• An attraction to applying deep critical thinking on difficult problems
• The ability to clearly communicate technical workflows and processes to non-technical audiences
• The ability to identify and effectively communicate business requirements to software development teams
• The ability to identify risks and effectively manage activities to minimize impact
• Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Exceptional management and leadership skills demonstrated by previous professional success
• Masterful organizational skills and attention to detail
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.