Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Scripting Editor. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
• Creation of As-Broadcast Scripts, Dialogue Lists, Spotting Lists and Continuity Lists for film and television series, including transcription of spoken dialogue and spotting/timing for subtitle creation.
• Responsible for completing scripts in deliverable condition by internal due date and/or client due date.
• Responsible for ensuring scripts are error free and meet the highest industry standards as well as unique client specifications.
• Perform QC and Proofing of scripting files that are created by other transcribers.
• Set up and start scripting files for other transcribers when accelerated turnaround times are necessary.
• Other tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• BA degree required.
• Transcription and/or Spotting experience.
• Must have a great command of the written English language and exceptional grammatical skills.
Should have a well-rounded knowledge of historical and contemporary events
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.