Deluxe EntertainmentVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 2/4/2020 2:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Render Technician jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Render Technician postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Render Technician? Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Sydney and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.
Reporting to the I/O Supervisor and Technical Operations Manager, the Render Technician will be responsible for render farm management and supporting backup and archive operations. This role offers excellent opportunities for the right individual to acquire a broad based knowledge of Visual Effects procedures within a production environment
• Communicate with productions to efficiently monitor and manage the render farm processes and priorities
• Quickly solve any rendering issues, ensuring all 2D and 3D rendering jobs are completed on schedule.
• Identify bottlenecks and help develop improved rendering efficiencies
• Facilitate transferring data between facilities
• Participate in daily archive and restore requests from tape archives
• Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Film related discipline
• High degree of computer literacy
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• Ability to record information accurately and produce reports
• Must be able to take instructions and work as part of a team, with the capacity to work with minimal supervision when required
• Enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
• Good understanding of relevant 2D and 3D software packages (eg. Maya,Houdini,Nuke)
• Experience in scripting with Python and Bash desirable but not essential
• Ability to learn new software quickly, and learn on the job, if necessary
• Ability to work under pressure, if required
• Respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio, production or pipeline
• Linux (CentOS especially) experience is helpful but not required This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.