Render Technical Director
Deluxe EntertainmentToronto, ON
Full Time Job
Position:Render TD, IT
We currently have an opening for a Render Technical Director (TD). This position will be located in Toronto, ON.
The Render TD reports to the Manager of Production Technology. As a key technical team member, they will be responsible for leading support, development, scaling, optimization, and maintenance of render infrastructure locally and the assistance of other teams globally. This position requires a highly technical programing/systems background combined with solid Customer Service and communications skills. The Render TD will serve as an escalation point for render issues from the current render team and will need to communicate effectively with show supervisors, artists, and management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot and resolve systemic render issues and provide support for scaling infrastructure.
• Quickly diagnose and resolve escalated render hardware and software issues.
• Work with technology and production management to understand render initiatives and prioritize resources based on defined production requirements.
• Communicate effectively with pipeline engineers, developers, and systems engineers on technical aspects of renderfarm maintenance.
• Identify bottlenecks and work to streamline processes through optimization.
• Providing technical assistance, support and assist users with hardware and software questions.
• Mentor other render team members and encourage growth through collaboration on key initiatives.
• 3+ years experience as a TD in a VFX/Animation studio in a feature or episodic environment.
• Deep knowledge of VFX/Animation pipeline tools and rendering technologies.
• Experience in the management, deployment, and scaling of renderfarm or grid computing technologies.
• Excellent Customer Service and proven communication skills – must be a team player (hard requirement).
• Scripting capabilities in Python is required, Bash and C++ experience is a plus.
• Capacity to address a variety of complex problems with clear focus and concise communication while servicing Production needs within a fast -paced dynamic environment.
• Willingness to work flexible hours, occasionally including weekends, evenings or nights when production schedules require.
• Maya, Nuke, After Effects, Deadline, and Qube software knowledge desired.
• Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field or related experience.
Benefits & Perks:
• We have a great company culture! We value our crew and the creativity and innovation they put into delivering these amazing projects
• We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program
• We dress casual and comfortable
• Cereal bar, unlimited oatmeal, unlimited coffee, tea, fruits, and snacks!
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.
Deluxe Animation Studios is a global animation service provider supporting creators in bringing their stories to life. Our team of world-class animation production veterans are innovators and problem-solvers. Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, working with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen.