Quality Control Technician
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 5:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Quality Control Technician jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Quality Control Technician postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Quality Control Technician?
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Quality Control (QC) Technician, Digital Cinema assisting the subtitling team within the localization department. In the role of QC Technician, Digital Cinema you will be involved in all aspects of the subtitling workflows, from receipt of original materials delivered from the clients' subtitling companies through to final delivery of digital cinema compliant files for mastering. Main responsibilities include reviewing, formatting and adapting subtitled content, including subtitle positioning, editing and cueing. Using both industry standard and bespoke software you will ensure that all subtitled materials meet technical specifications before delivery to the Digital Cinema Mastering Department and that our clients' demands are satisfied within their timescales and to an exemplary standard. This position is located in Burbank, California.
• To deliver high quality service at all times to both internal and external clients
• Receive, format and prepare files for review for all subtitled trailer and feature content, ensuring subtitle files provided meet digital cinema technical specifications
• Review subtitle files against video backgrounds in the company's subtitling software, checking for sync, cue accuracy, text corruption and content issues; position subtitles to avoid clashes with on-screen text; query and/or correct problems according to the guidelines and procedures established with each client
• Create final XML deliverables to the appropriate specifications required (including Interop, SMPTE, IMAX, Prores/HD, TTML) for digital cinema/external vendor feature/trailer mastering
• Work collaboratively with fellow members of the Subtitling Services team and other departments to ensure project requirements are met and delivered correctly
• Knowledge of fonts and territory specs and how they need to be delivered to work on theatrical projectors in the field.
• Troubleshooting technical issues
• Being available for client screenings and/or rush conversions during both regular business hours and occasionally after hours
• Flag production and technical issues to appropriate parties.
• Adhering to prescribed workflow procedures.
• Meeting internal schedules and client deadlines.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
• BA or BS degree preferred.
• At least 6 months of post-production, project management, or translation industry experience preferred, but entry-level candidates will be considered.
• Must be highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, large team environment.
• Must also be able to work independently and take ownership of projects.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
• Must have a professional attitude and the ability to work cooperatively with co-workers.
• Must be able to take and follow directions from department supervisor.
• Strong organization, communication (verbal and written), and computer skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
• Proven problem solver that can work both independently and present solutions to the team
• Working knowledge of various digital audio and video formats, file types and resolutions, file rendering, and video frame rates.
• Individual must know basic operation and troubleshooting for PCs and Macs.
• Must be able to follow instructions and handle multiple projects in busy production environment.
• Must have the ability to contribute to the team environment.
• Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize and be extremely detail-oriented.
• Individual must be available to work overtime and/or including weekends.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.