Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Quality Control Manager
This Los Angeles based Project Manager will work with the Studio Support Account teams to help schedule and track Mastering work during the specified work shift. He/she will act as primary liaison between the Production Operations and Account Management teams, ensuring customer needs can be achieved within forecasted time frames, and working to match campaign requirements to production resources.
The role demands extensive collaboration with Client Reps, Project Management, Mastering/Content Services teams, and QC department leads and operators. Direct reports consist of the Lead and Operator roles within Quality Control in the Los Angeles area location. In addition to daily management duties, this position requires ownership of internal products such as the QC Training Wiki in Confluence and its related knowledge books. He/she will curate monthly and annual reports for labor and operational productivity, organize staff/production meetings, and distribute materials to division-wide stakeholders. He/she will also be called upon to engage in employee supervisory tasks, such as: staffing hours modifications, disciplinary action, performance reviews, etc. Certain projects will also be assigned to this person under the direction of the executive management team.
A Day in the Life of this position includes:
• Oversee the Quality Control team
• Satisfy internal projects assigned by Management
• Staff scheduling, on/off-boarding
• Work directly with Account Teams for pre-production & project scoping
• Work with sister-sites to coordinate large scale load balancing
• Create Project Templates to be used across multiple facilities
• Organize and track international Versioning (Subbed and Dubbed, 2D and 3D) throughout the QC stages
• Communicate with clients for the Account Team when required
• Ensure company policies are communicated from the top down within the company and oversee compliance within the department
• Advise on and/or supervise the completion of any nonstandard workflows
• Create procedures to properly escalate any technical issues Quality Control identifies to the correct group
• Communicate with QC Engineering to streamline in-theater workflows and resolve equipment/playback environment issues
• Communicate with Technical groups to ensure comprehension and dissemination of current technical standards
What You Bring:
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in High Pressure situations (Deadlines/High Profile client interaction, etc.)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate leadership ability
• Excellent knowledge of Digital Cinema workflows and standards
• Provide internal project support and respond to business regarding customer requirements and fulfillment
• Proven track record in management and delivery of film distribution services
• Deep understanding of Digital Cinema technology, Post Production equipment, and Theatrical system operations
• Experience interacting in a client/vendor relationship when acting as a purchasing agent
• Experience with Digital Cinema QC, Mastering and Post Production Mastering/Transcoding systems
• Understanding of Subtitling systems and stereography
• Ability to multi-task and handle high pressure situations and sensitive information
• Highly diligent approach to work
• Ability to deliver to strict deadlines
• Ability to prioritize and manage workload both personally and for your team
• Good customer service skills
• Familiarity with Linux/Unix command line
• Effective project management skills
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.