Production Maintenance Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/26/2019 10:36:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Production Maintenance Engineer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Production Maintenance Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Maintenance Engineer?
Full Time Job
Position: Stage Engineer
Location: Hollywood, CA
Deluxe is a leading supplier of digital post-production services, including localization. We provide scripting, theatrical dubbing, subtitling and audio services. Deluxe is a global company with a presence in 9 countries. Our clients include the major Hollywood studios, broadcasters, OTT providers and new media and communication companies.
We have an opening for a Stage Engineer. This position will be located in Hollywood, CA.
Deluxe Audio Services is seeking a Stage Engineer to support clients onsite and troubleshoot our Hollywood mixing studio. Our Stage Engineers interface with new and returning clients on a daily basis to configure equipment, make software and plug-ins available, and provide technical support to ensure our studio operates effectively and efficiently. By building, configuring, and maintaining our stages and bays, our team of Stage Engineers provides both clients and employees with a world-class environment in which to create immersive soundscapes for features, television, promos, and Internet content.
• Efficiently navigate and utilize various audio and video production tools (Avid S6 Mix Consoles, Avid Pro Tools expanded systems, Avid video playback, IHSE KVM System, digital audio routers, Barco video projection)
• Provide Avid Pro Tools audio setup, support, routing, as well as speaker/monitor SPL testing and level adjustments
• Act as a technical liaison with high-profile clients to ensure our rented stages are operating properly, configured efficiently, and have all equipment, software, and plug-ins installed or available upon their request
• Accommodate client needs regarding mix stage operation and support, being sensitive to clients' styles of communication and requests
• Create and manage digital audio deliverables per client specifications
• Cooperate seamlessly with other departments (Client Services, Hospitality, Digital Asset Management, etc.) to provide the entire studio with the highest level of service
• Ensure mix stages and edit bays are operating effectively and efficiently for our in-house staff of editors, operators, and engineers
• Provide mix stage and central machine room machine system configuration, connection, and troubleshooting support
• Provide remote session support utilizing the latest technologies such as TVIPS and Source Connect
• Assist in cabling, wiring, and set-up of equipment around the studio, including stages, editorial, and nearfield mix bays
• Understand and operate immersive, expanded format audio technologies (Dolby ATMOS, DTS-X, IMAX-12)
• Support and troubleshoot mix stage workflows
• Other duties as assigned
• B.S. degree in computer science or programming, electronics or A/V technology related field (or equivalent experience)
• Minimum 5-10 years experience in audio and/or video post-production environment
• Individual must possess a fundamental understanding of digital audio and digital video signals, standards, machines, and wiring
• Must work well with others in a team environment, being both helpful and flexible to act in concert with other departments and lines of business at our studio
• Strong organizational skills and efficient computer literacy are required (Avid Pro Tools, mac OS, Microsoft Office, database programs)
• Position requires a high level of ingenuity to use the tools available in order to achieve the highest quality audio results
• Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced, small team environment, dealing directly with other technical, creative, and operations employees on a regular basis, but must also be able to work independently
• Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Experience in multimedia, software and/or creative production environment preferred
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company: http://www.bydeluxe.com. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.