Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
We currently have an opening for a Production Coordinator, who will ensure that Deluxe delivers a consistent dubbed product that meets our clients' specifications by creating enhanced Localization Lists (a document for delivery items) for a wide range of client workflows. The position is located in Burbank, CA.
A Day in the Life of this position would include the following:
• Reviewing Scripts and other relevant client documents related to the content.
• Watching content and filling in Localization Lists (a deliverables document) with dubbing and subtitling instructions.
• Manage project schedules and ensure due dates are met.
• Provide support on Localization needs across all teams (Dubbing and Subtitling) and contribute to evolving workflows.
• Respond to Music and Effects/Foreign Language Mix QC (quality control) orders as it pertains to issues on the Localization Lists.
• Proactively identify potential issues with projects in progress and find creative solutions to meet or exceed client expectations.
What You Bring:
• You have a good understanding of dubbing and subtitling processes, with more of an emphasis on dubbing.
• You have a great understanding of translation needs and speaking knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
• You have strong interpersonal, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
• You can work independently, provide excellent customer service and take ownership of projects, seeing them through to completion.
• You are a collaborative and an exceptional team player along with being a positive role model.
• You posses strong organizational and time management skills and can thrive in a fast-paced, large team environment.
• You ideally have a creative writing background and strong and efficient computer literacy (Word, Excel).
• You can be flexible to work extended hours to meet project deadlines.
We also offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
If you're an independent and creative thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we wouild like you to join our team!
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.