Pipeline Technical Director
Deluxe EntertainmentToronto, ON
Full Time Job
Pipeline TD, Animation
Deluxe Animation Studios provide concept-through-delivery development and production services for clients seeking 2D, 3D and hybrid animation services.
The Pipeline TD, Animation; will determine, build and modify the animation tools used in production. You will train artists on the selected tools and methods and supervise their integration into their workflow. You will work closely with the Technical Producer and Director of Development to prioritize tools and technologies needed to achieve production goals.
• Work with artists to define and implement tools and features
• Develop or find the best tools (e.g.: Maya, Mari, etc) and methods to improve and facilitate the artists' work
• Test the tools before they are deployed and ensure that they work properly throughout the production process
• Create, organize, and carry out training sessions so that all team members are able to properly use the tools and methods;
• Produce documents on the tools, methods, and training sessions for later reference
• Provide constant technical support for the tools to every member of the animation team
• Be the technical point of contact for all technical animation issues;
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional work experience.
• Must be able to work with and receive feedback from artists.
• Experience in developing and implementing tools and processes is a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Python, and Mel. C, C++, and other coding languages are a plus.
• Good structural coding skills.
• Experience with Animation and Compositing APIs such as Maya, Nuke, Alembic, etc. is a plus.
• Comfortable developing for Unix/Linux and Widows environments.
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.