Pipeline TD - Method Games
Deluxe EntertainmentVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Method Games is currently looking for a talented Pipeline TD to join our Vancouver team.
• Provide front line support across a range of custom software during motion capture shoots.
• Provide daily support for artists creating content.
• Troubleshoot software, debug issues and liaise with external development teams.
• Rapidly develop and deploy new tools and solutions and directly interface with users for feedback.
• Drive and test new software and workflows.
• Gather feedback and user requirements.
• Create and support the core rigging and tech anim pipeline and associated toolsets
• Creating User Interfaces, reusable libraries and tools to assist TDs in both rigging and character simulations
• Working in partnership with R&D programmers, studio's core pipeline department, animators, and lighters to ensure data are delivered to the very highest standard
• Must have good tools and code base design logic
• Smart solutions that are well designed with simplicity, ease of use and easy maintenance in mind
• Work in partnership with the team to come up with advanced but technically sound solutions to enhance our character pipeline
• Developing long-term strategies to automate and enhance the character workflow and product.
• Minimum 3 - 5 years work experience in feature film/broadcast VFX production
• Solid knowledge of rigging systems, character simulations, and scripts / tools development
• Comprehensive knowledge of Maya, especially in the rigging, deformation, and nDynamics area
• Experience with Xgen, and general hair and hair dynamics a plus
• Strong programming skills. Must proficient with Python. Experience with MEL is helpful.
• Maya API C++ programming a plus
• Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and simulation
• Good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting to modeling to texturing, animation and rendering
• Strong Math skills, ie: Linear Algebra, thorough understanding of matrices, vectors and transformations in 3D is a big plus
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
• Must be willing to take direction well, a good team player, and have good work ethics.
• Willingness to learn and grow further
• Must be a self starter. Solid time and project management skills
• An industry related degree (or equivalent experience)
• 5+ years of experience working on a production VFX pipeline
• 5+ years Python experience
• 5+ years git and rez experience or other version control system
• 5+ years PyQt or PySide experience
• 5+ years Maya experience
• Experience developing in a Linux environment
• Excellent investigation, debugging, and communication skills
• Experience with C++
• Experience with other DCC applications and APIs such as Nuke, Katana or Houdini
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Melbourne and Montreal. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.