OSA Test and Training Specialist
Deluxe EntertainmentWilmington, OH
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for an OSA Test and Training Specialist, and reports to the Advanced Technical Support Manager, Screenvision. This is a non-exempt full-time position located in Wilmington, Ohio.
The OSA Test and Training Specialist works directly with the Wilmington OSA Support, OSA Field Services, DC Ops and Customer Support departments to coordinate system testing and training activities within the facility to support the Screenvision business, and other business units as needed. The position is directly responsible for test and training operations of the Screenvision business unit systems within the Wilmington OH facility.
• Understanding and implementing the agile software development User Acceptance Test (UAT) methodology to ensure quality, timely and successful release of software within the SkyArc ecosystem.
• Specifically manage, utilize and maintain hardware and software Sandbox/Test/Stage and Production deployed systems that make up the 24/7 OSA Cinema Simulator (OSC) platform environment for SkyArc MPEG, Broadband JPEG and USB/JPEG and future services, operating in conjunction with the Burbank test facility.
• Work with OSA Support and Field Services to identify trends and replicate the scenarios within the OCS, and provide input to repairs of customer owned equipment including, site servers, media players, HDFrend and HDCousin players, LCD and DLP OSA projectors, Thingest/TNG devices, LAN/WAN and secure networking equipment, and other system related support equipment.
• Directing the assembly, test, and rollout, configuration and installation of the any new products or services following test, including but not limited to the Gen3 media player deployment.
• Develop and maintain training materials and systems, Providing knowledge base loopback mechanisms and process and procedures improvements within training of all levels of business unit personnel.
• Primary assembly responsibility and direction to staff for the complete assembly, test, and configuration of the SkyArc/Escan servers, Broadband JPEG servers and assisting with the new Gen3 player, third party applications, and tracking move/adds/changes of all software, firmware and hardware.
• Documentation of the SOP's related to standard operating procedures for integrated TMS systems, equipment bench repairs and assembly processes in conjunction with new business and system rollouts.
• Ability to test, diagnose, and repair equipment including servers, projectors and associated parts to verify normal operation and/or identify basic faulty equipment issues.
• Performing Tier 2 & 3 escalated level troubleshooting support to OSA Support and Field Service as required.
• Understand, and provide support to testing and deploying new DCI level integration features and functionality.
• Regular attendance is scheduled and required; must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes weekend and overtime.
• Must be able to travel to train and transition systems between BUR / WIL, or implemented systems in the field environment as needed, expected 5% travel.
• Communicate in a timely manner with department management on any issue requiring internal escalation.
• Perform some of the responsibilities of the ATSC Manager in their absence and assignment of special projects or duties as needed.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and be able to direct one's own efforts
• Associate or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field is desirable.
• Documented minimum 5 years' experience working in an operations role utilizing advanced Cinema, A/V, Hardware and software systems, including bench test and repair, software design test and release, PC-based computer assembly and testing, hardware and software configuration required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of repair techniques related to PC-based digital equipment, various Software and Operating systems, LCD and DLP projectors, network devices, and other related a/v equipment.
• Advanced skills for troubleshooting software systems specific to the Screenvision business unit development and deployment life cycles.
• Demonstrated, advanced skills in the use of hand tools, test equipment, and computerized test rigs and troubleshooting aids.
• Knowledge of testing and burn-in processes to achieve Industry standard performance on all repaired or in-house assembled systems and equipment.
• Understanding of safety rules and the importance of adhering to safe practices at all times.
• Ability to organize and schedule activities to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of personal performance and job activities.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team of associates of varying experience and capabilities while still fulfilling performance objectives.
• Demonstrated competence in performing required bookkeeping, financial tracking, and related activities.
• Ability to work to adhere to solid deadlines and under pressure while meeting completion requirements.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Basic interpersonal, written, and verbal reporting skills.
• Ability to multitask, and manage multiple, concurrent projects and tasks while prioritizing accordingly to ensure scheduled completion of all assigned duties.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Burbank, California-based Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc., is a leading provider of a broad range of services and technologies for the global digital media and entertainment industry. Bringing together a comprehensive network of specialized companies with best-in-class artistry, cutting-edge technology, streamlined delivery and distribution solutions and customized management strategies, Deluxe approaches all of its businesses with an ingrained attention to quality, detail and creativity. From start to finish, in whatever format or language is required, Deluxe has the infrastructure and in-house capacity to provide complete solutions to a broad range of customers, including: major motion picture studios, television networks and cable companies, advertising agencies, brands, production companies, independent distributors, and content owners.