Motion Graphics Designer
Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Motion Graphics Designer (in Film)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema, part of the Deluxe group, are the leading provider of a broad range of Digital Film services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and the Independent Film Market.
Your role will be a Digital Artist.
As a Motion Graphics Designer, you will be situated within one of Deluxe's most creative departments at the heart of Theatrical Versioning. You will be required to create 2D/3D foreign-versioned titles, animate and composite them for the major film studio's Theatrical, Trailer, Promo, VOD and Home Entertainment releases. Producing bespoke title recreation indistinguishable from the original version.
You will be working closely with the Digital artist team, and at times independently; you will manage each project from brief, through production and execution.
This role reports into the Head of Digital FX.
• Minimum of 5 years' production experience working in the Film or Broadcast Industry.
• Broad knowledge of software common to post-production and graphics industries.
• Experience of project management and meeting deadlines.
• Compositing and animation of graphics for re-versioning of Theatrical, Trailer, Promo, VOD and Home Entertainment releases.
• Building composition projects with all the relevant source backgrounds and artwork.
• Create multiple formats for output; including 2D & Stereoscopic 3D, Digital Cinema and downstream deliverables.
• Maintaining the internal schedule of all creative projects. Ensuring that all Work Orders are updated and completed.
• R&D specific effects and fonts related to titles received, keeping up to date with latest trends and styles within the industry.
• Deliver final shots and sequences that are creatively and technically industry leading.
• Adhering to prescribed workflow procedures.
• To succeed in this role, you must be passionate about film and have excellent compositing and motion graphics animation skills.
• You should be an experienced 'all-rounder' able to turn your hand to a variety of design challenges with limited day-to-day supervision.
• You should ideally have operational experience in a Production or Post-production Facility environment.
• You have exceptional attention to detail whilst maintaining a vision to succeed the role.
• Good knowledge and hands on experience with:
- Adobe After Effects, Maxon Cinema 4D, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop.
- Additional experience of Mocha Pro, AE expressions, Java Script and associated plugins.
• An understanding and interest in Graphic Design and Typography would be advantageous.
• You must be highly organised and understand the importance and impact of deadlines on company's production and workflow.
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
• MS Office knowledge as standard.
(E.g. common sense, diplomacy, initiative)
• Polite and professional with a positive and optimistic approach
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain focus.
• Ability to work on own initiative but also be a good team player
• Ability to make clear decisions
• Diligent and organized
• Able to anticipate and develop contingencies
• Flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced demanding environment
• Objective and balanced within a demanding environment
• An understanding of film post production and associated technologies
• Positive and flexible attitude.
• Reliable and professional.
• A good team player.
• Energetic and positive in approach.
• Willing and able to trouble shoot complex problems.
• Share an interest in continuing to develop and expand your technical skill set in conjunction with the department.
Monday to Friday, 09:30 – 18:00 (including 1 Hour unpaid lunch break)
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours.
At Deluxe, we work with the following values:
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.