Deluxe EntertainmentBangalore, KA
Full Time Job
The Mastering Engineer is responsible for the creation of Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs). This entails a thorough accounting of steps through our database and via communications over email. Elements handled include image, sound and subtitles, from various source formats and must be conformed at times to prepare for production. Operators use different mastering stations such as DVS Clipster, Wailua, Doremi to produce DCPs in the MXF Interop and/or SMPTE formats.
• Create Digital Cinema Packages (DCP)
• Gather and convert a variety of audio, video and subtitle formats
• Maintain high standards of quality to ensure smooth transition to QC department
• Maintain accurate information across the database
• Communicate production issues to producers and supervisors
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in High Pressure situations (Deadlines/High Profile etc.)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with Linux, Mac OS, Windows, XML
• Knowledge of diverse audio and video format (Tiff, Jpeg2000, QT, wave)
• Knowledge of Digital Cinema workflows and standards. (Mastering, QC)
• Knowledge of Digital Cinema mastering tools: DVS Clipster, Doremi, Wailua
• Provide internal technical support and respond to business regarding technical questions
• Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in Post Production environment is preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience.