Manager, Studio Operations
Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Role Title: Studio Manager
Reports to: VP, Client Services EMEA
Department: Global Client Services
Manage the requirements for the Audio facility in Perivale, Greater London
• Day to day effective administration of the audio business.
• Responsible for scheduling mixes, liaising with major clients ensuring we meet their deadlines and other requirements.
• Allocating appropriately skilled staff including range of freelancers, negotiating their rates within budgets.
• Allocating work with minimum overtime, drawing up schedules.
• Liaise with clients dubbing managers, keeping them informed of progress.
• Liaise with Territory offices re material deliveries and mix review comments.
• To act as a representative of the organization at all times, maintaining and developing its image and reputation.
• To cooperate with colleagues at all levels to ensure effective business relationships are maintained.
• To liaise with other management team members acrossnDeluxe to learn and understand business decisions and how it affects Audio services
• To manage and control company spends with Senior Management
• To ensure people-related/health and safety/legal issues are communicated accordingly to enable them to be acted upon.
• Interface directly with corporate functions (including Finance & Accounting, Legal and Human Resources), internal business units and departments (creative production, technical production, client services and sales, research and development, and IT
• Assist the Senior Management group with daily administration duties (examples include leading meetings, generating business plans). Especially in their absence
• Attend management and business development planning meetings when requested.
• Closely work with the VP, Client Services and Director of Localisation on a daily basis to ensure the smooth running of the facility.
• Attend Health & Safety meetings within Deluxe.
• Make sure all security, health and safety guidelines are adhered to.
• Ensure all theatres and surrounding areas are kept at a respectable standard.
• Monitor stock levels ensuring we are getting best possible price, order as necessary, with input from procurement.
• Monitor sick and holiday cover as required
Measureables - The key measures of success for this role will be:
• Clients demonstrate trust in us by growing their business with us
• Client SLAs and delivery dates are consistently met/exceeded
• Ensure new business opportunities are quickly realized and implemented in a timely manner
• Help Ensure Deluxe Audio is known as a high performing team that are constantly willing and able to exceed expectations
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours.
At Deluxe, we work with the following values:
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.