Localization Support Specialist
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Localization Support Specialist
As a Localization Support Specialist you will focus on building and maintaining positive and engaging collaboration with our multinational and multicultural pool of linguists. You will act as a brand ambassador of Deluxe Localization and reinforce the supportive nature of our Global Translator Management team.
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
In this role, your primary focus will be to receive queries from the external resources, review details and nature of the queries and work with various stakeholders to resolve those queries. You will actively engage with high profile clients and client linguist representatives and provide premium support. You will represent Deluxe Localization on social media and create positive impact within our communities. Through your passion for communication, technology and building interpersonal relationships, you will provide excellent support to our distributed workforce. You will be working cross functionally with Project Coordination, Talent Acquisition, Linguistic Quality, Translator Resources and Translator Training teams to help position Deluxe as a preferred client for the translator community. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Community Engagement and Client Relations
• Maintain a high level of professionalism in all your interactions with internal and external stakeholders. Create outstanding experiences when engaging with either group.
• Self-manage Community Support ticketing system/Inbox which may include working with JIRA/Freshdesk or manual trackers to ensure all tickets are logged, followed through and resolved within established timelines.
• Respond to queries acknowledging receipt within established timelines.
• Review queries and assign to appropriate individuals or department leads for resolution. Issues may range from software bugs, to billing issues, service questions, mediations, and general concerns.
• Independently troubleshoot queries and resolve them in a timely manner when no additional input from other departments is needed.
• Update appropriate databases after each interaction with an external party, keeping team members informed and up to date. Delegate database updates as required.
• Track progress of the queries by regularly following up with internal teams or individuals.
• Communicate resolution or progress of the queries to freelancers and internal stakeholders.
• Report on ticket resolution progress.
• Work with multiple teams to stay updated on systems and product knowledge and remain informed of any changes in workflow or policies.
• Proactively recognize potential issues and roadblocks and take initiative to investigate, reach out to other teams and, where appropriate, make decisions to resolve issues.
• Provide above support to high profile clients and client linguist representatives.
• Maintain high quality of client translator relations.
• Monitor social media accounts and report on queries or trends discussed in localization related forums. Moderate closed forums for Deluxe translators.
• Maintain engaging social media presence on behalf of Deluxe Localization.
• Assist with analyzing data and trends related to translator queries; assist with establishing insights and process improvement proposals as a result of translator queries.
• Keep departmental documentation accurate and up-to-date.
• Be on time and fully engaged during relevant meetings.
• At all times, demonstrate positive attitude when collaborating with external and internal stakeholders; take initiative and proactively work to resolve queries; flag any concerns to the appropriate department or department managers; have the ability to escalate proactively any problematic cases that require higher level input; contribute to the various initiatives as they relate to translator community.
• Maintain a voice that represents our company values and make every interaction feel like a small business.
• Other responsibilities assigned as needed.
Experience, Qualifications & Key Competencies
• A/MA in Communication, Marketing, Localization Management, Sociology or applicable relevant experience
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, knowledge of at least one additional language is an advantage
• Experience in working with multinational and multicultural teams, and cultures that extend beyond the corporate footprint
• Familiarity with working with freelance talent
• Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, reacting quickly to escalations and able to handle high-volume communications from multiple sources
• The ability to demonstrate empathy towards the audience, be it internal or external stakeholders
• Skilled problem-solver who thinks critically and creatively and is able to determine root cause of issues
• Experience in moderating and monitoring discussion groups
• The ability to grasp concepts quickly and effectively: a curious, passionate learner
• The ability to multitask and meet agreed upon deadlines
• The ability to manage complex projects
• The ability to troubleshoot independently or escalate to management as the need arises
• Demonstrate collaborative spirit, be a great team player
• Demonstrate strong attention to detail and organization skills
• Demonstrate practical knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google Suite
• Practical knowledge of ticketing systems such as JIRA, Freshdesk, is an advantage
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, nati