Live Unit Subtitler
Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Job Title: Freelance Live Unit Subtitler
Location: Deluxe House, Perivale
Reporting to: Senior Live Unit Subtitler
About the Opportunity
Deluxe is currently looking for a freelance Live Unit Subtitler. Do you have a keen interest in News and Sports? Are you all about multi-tasking? Then this could be the role for you! Here at Deluxe, we are looking for sharp Live Subtitlers who will be working on a wide range of clients.
The overall job purpose is to produce and deliver subtitles for live programming across all clients. The department operates a 24 x 7 x 365 service and, as such, there is a requirement to work shifts, which currently include a mixture of weekend and split shifts on a regular basis.
• To accurately use re-speaking techniques and to understand Dragon Naturally Speaking voice-recognition software to generate live subtitles for instant transmission of a standard to be compliant with Ofcom guidelines and client SLAs.
• To communicate with the appropriate newsroom editor and/or technical staff to obtain relevant information.
• To exhibit the communication skills necessary to liaise with colleagues and newsroom contacts.
• To log and report all failures in transmission to the appropriate person or people and/or to complete the Fault log and to liaise effectively with the Technical Services department on site.
• To exhibit quick reactions and responses to transmission operational problems and escalate in line with the Deluxe Escalation Policy.
• Any other reasonable assigned duties.
The following skills and abilities are viewed as necessary to enable the role of Live Unit Subtitler to be carried out efficiently and to meet client/business needs:
• An interest in, and in-depth knowledge of, sport and current affairs is a must
• Sufficient knowledge and the ability to use subtitling software and, with training, to be able to absorb new versions or systems as introduced.
• Sufficient knowledge and the ability to use other software such as MS Word, Excel and Xytech Mediapulse.
• Ability to adapt to different subtitling styles to meet changing needs of clients and, where necessary, to improve output.
• Literacy commensurate with the position
• Familiarity with programme compliance issues
• Flexible with regards to working hours