Jr. Graphic Artist
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Junior Graphic Artist
As Junior Graphic Artist, you will be required to ensure design work is on schedule/conforms with exacting standards of Studio Clients, and execute creative solutions for the major studio's features, episodic and trailers.
About the Team (Digital Cinema)
Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema, part of the Deluxe group, are the leading provider of a broad range of Digital Film services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and the Independent Film Market.
Working within the Digital Effects Department, your role will be in overseeing the scheduling and quality for creation of foreign-versioned titles from initial stages right through to final artwork for the Digital Effects Department. This role reports into the Producer for Digital FX.
A Day in the Life of this position includes:
• Assist in R&D when beginning new DFX projects
• Extensive typographic work, including researching and formulating title design templates and layouts for use within DFX department
• Pre-QC OV data in for trailers/features, requesting resupplies as needed
• QC all DFX deliverables. A/B comparison with OV
• Create and QC PDF proofs/checkers before forwarded to client
• Liaising with Digital Artists and DFX Producer
• Assist Digital Artists as needed per project (including but not limited to Checker Creation, Dub Card Creation, Design and Compositing, File management, etc.)
• Adhering to prescribed workflow procedures
• Meeting internal schedules and client deadlines
• Maintain internal schedule and tracking of all DFX projects
• Manage and maintain file and folder structure (including but not limited to file and delivery management and preparation, archiving, conversions, graphics collecting, etc.)
• Other duties as prescribed
What You Bring:
• Operational experience in a design agency/post-production environment is ideal
• Strong knowledge of software common to print and graphics industries most notably the Adobe Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
• Experience with MS Office software suite and basic understanding of VFX and motion graphics
• A strong grasp of typography, identifying fonts and type design
• Operational experience in a Quality Control environment also ideal
• Experience with project management and meeting deadlines
• Passionate about good design with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.