Intern - Corporate Development, MBA
Deluxe EntertainmentSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Corporate Development, MBA Internship position
The Corporate Development MBA Intern supports Deluxe in a variety of strategic planning and new business development initiatives. They are part of a highly nimble, analytical and effective team reporting to Deluxe's Executive Vice President, Corporate Development.
The Corporate Development team at Deluxe drives Deluxe's growth strategy initiatives, helping the organization identify strategic opportunities to drive revenue and profitability. This includes developing the commercial strategy around new businesses, supporting
Deluxe's divisions to supercharge their performance and identifying, assessing and executing inorganic growth opportunities (M&A). Corporate Development MBA Interns play a crucial role in supporting and driving individual Corporate Development projects and
working closely with internal Deluxe stakeholders to ensure the effective implementation of recommendations.
This position will be in either Santa Monica or Burbank.
• Prepares strategic analyses and recommendations to help develop long-term divisional strategy and evaluate new business initiatives. This includes: performing research (primary and secondary) and analysis (incl. developing models through tools such as Excel
or Tableau to size markets, forecast growth rates, and build out revenue and CF models for new businesses / services), preparing business plans in conjunction with divisional management, assessing industry trends and competitive dynamics, and developing strategic
company and industry overviews
• Provides financial, analytical, and strategic support for evaluating potential M&A candidates and joint venture partners. This includes: developing detailed financial models for potential transactions, performing due diligence, preparing presentations for
senior management, and coordinating with senior executives to support and execute transactions
• Formulates presentations to share findings and recommendations for divisional and senior management critical to the decision-making process. Communicates findings and makes recommendations on issues under study
• Establishes a collaborative relationship with Deluxe lines of business and divisions
• Exhibits and maintains a strong competitive knowledge of industry practices, trends and developments
• BA/BS degree from top university required
• Enrolled in a top MBA program
• Prior experience (3+years) in a leading investment bank, management consulting firm, or strategic role within a media/entertainment company preferred
• High proficiency in financial spreadsheets, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
• Must have strong quantitative analytical skills and be able to think strategically and display commercial acumen
• Must have experience building financial models
• Must be knowledgeable on current trends within the media industry
• Must have strong communication & interpersonal skills
• No Visa sponsorship available for this position
Deluxe's Corporate Development team seeks highly motivated, creative, and entrepreneurial candidates with prior experience in consulting and/ or investment banking or with strong and deep analytical commercial and strategy experience within a combination of
industry and consulting. The candidate will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, effective interpersonal and communication skills, leadership qualities, and uncompromising ethics. The candidate will have attained a Bachelor's degree from a
renowned school with outstanding academic achievement and be enrolled in an MBA from a top tier Business School.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.