Deluxe EntertainmentMoosic, PA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an Ingest Operator with 1+ year of file-based video ingesting experience to work out of our Moosic, PA facility.
• Individual will compress and quality assure audio and video program material for subsequent theatrical and episodic releases.
• Individual must utilize sound audible and visual judgment during the performance of daily duties
• Special handling and reviewing of digital video/audio files
• Evaluating quality of and checking for errors in digital video/audio assets
• Describing and identifying severity of issues in video/audio assets
• Ensure work assignments, their status and disposition are timely and accurately recorded in operations systems.
• Engage in on-going training programs as necessary.
• Must effectively analyze and communicate information in order to resolve issues and concerns as they arise.
• Confirming basic technical requirements
What You Bring
• Common knowledge or understandings of basic techniques and workflows concepts in Post Production
• Ability to apply collaborative, creative, technical, and quality control skills to provide effective services in a client driven, deadline-oriented environment
• Capable of executing on defined SOPs, as well as learning new toolsets, methods, etc.
• Must be familiar with the following systems, as well as a basic understanding of the systems and internal protocol of a post house operation with the willingness to continue to learn:
• Digital Rapids, Rhozet, Final Cut Pro 7
• Highly detail-oriented, maintains low error-rate, while also being productive and efficient
• Able to walk through existing processes, notes pain points and failure rates, etc.
• Ability to apply collaborative, technical, and quality control skills to provide effective services in a client driven, deadline-oriented environment
• A beginning understanding of basic film/video concepts, such as resolution, frame rate, NTSC, PAL, HDTV, SD, HD, 5.1 audio
• Exposure to digital video/audio encoding systems, must have fundamental understanding of digital audio and digital video
• Must be flexible to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines
• Individual must demonstrate ability to organize and prioritize, be diligent, and be extremely detail-oriented
• Individual must possess a high level of written, verbal, negotiation, and analytical skills
• Position is audibly and visually demanding as a significant amount of the job responsibilities include intensive testing for minor audio and video defects and artifacts
• Must be a self-motivator with the ability to make decisions independently
• Must be able to follow instructions, juggle multiple priorities, and solve problems involving several concrete variables in busy production environment
• Willingness to work overtime and adjust working hours/shifts or work days to accommodate client needs including nights and weekends when needed
• BA/BS preferred.
• Must be highly computer literate, showing proficiency in MS Windows OS (XP/7//Windows Server) & Mac OSX.
• Must be fluent with all basic MS Windows Office components (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, ID), advanced knowledge of these along with some experience of Access and Project is desirable.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.