Head Of Solutions Architecture
Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
In this role, you will be the Head of Solutions & Architecture within the EMEA Technology and Products team, with responsibility for leading the architectural direction of solutions, supporting all services line. You will also be responsible for managing the team of design authorities, architects and develops that make up the Solutions and Architecture team in EMEA.
You will work closely with other technology managers, product owners, operational departments, commercial and account management teams with responsibility and accountability for the architecture and design of applications and infrastructure supporting existing and new client requirements across MediaCloud, DDG, Localisation and Digital Cinema service lines. You will be the key point of coordination and strategic direction for technology and workflow underpinning responses to client requests, such as RFIs, RFPs and similar.
As the manager of the Solutions & Architecture team, your role will require regular interaction with clients, vendors and partners in support of new opportunities and representing technology strategy at key events and forums. You will also have constant engagement and regular cross-departmental involvement, including off-site and conference calls with our colleagues and clients both local and overseas.
• Day-to-day Senior level engagement within the Technology and Products team, including providing design authority and architecture guidance to the Production IT and Production Applications team.
• Definition and ownership of the architecture and design for all EMEA technology platforms and products across all service lines.
• Coordination with global product management and development teams to provide support with requirements, architecture, priorities during the definition of product roadmaps and release cycles.
• Lead and coordinate technical response to formal client procurement activities, such as Requests for Proposals, Requests for Information and Invitation to Tenders.
• Lead and coordinate technical presentations in support of external procurement processes.
• Lead and contribute to standards committees, industry events and forums, including presentations, panels and demonstrations.
• Coordinate with Productions Applications and IT teams to ensure appropriate documentation and knowledge is handed over as projects transition into BAU
• Participation in the Deluxe Security Council and responsible for architectural security across all solutions.
• To liaise and collaborate with Deluxe Global Production systems teams.
• Collaborate with internal and external teams in future technology developments and drive the successful introduction of new technologies in accordance with business needs.
• Internal and external client liaison as required.
• Assist in the development of department Cap ex and Op ex budgets and forecasts.
• Ensure team is resourced to meet service delivery objectives.
• Provide leadership and management of staff, including mentoring and career development.
• Manage vendor relationships and partnerships.
• Ensure specific and relevant industry and technology skills are in place across the team.
• Set and adjust priorities effectively so that objectives are met; cascading down from management.
• Coordinate the use of external resources where appropriate or to aid in meeting objectives.
• Assist in candidate searches, interviewing, and selection to fill open positions.
• Manage absence of team, including holiday and sickness.
• Ideally degree level in a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Prior experience of media systems architecture and design
• Prior experience of architecture security design best practice
• Prior experience RFP, RFI & ITT processes, working across technology, commercial, accounts and operational stakeholders to create client facing documentation, BOMs and presentations.
• Prior experience of presenting technical solutions to clients and peers in commercial and industry forum settings
• Prior management experience ideal
• Media Asset Management Platforms
• Workflow Technologies
• Transmission Applications
• Transcode Technologies
• Database Technologies
• Scheduling and Work Order Management systems
• Public Cloud Platforms, including Amazon Web Services
• Storage Platforms, including Storage Area Networks, Tape Archives and Public Cloud
• Operational Monitoring and Reporting Platforms
Understand or working exposure to some of the following:
• Deluxe Digital Cinema Applications, including Kraken, Big Apple, CKM
• Public Cloud Service Design and Architecture
• Security Architecture and Practices, Authentication and Authorisation Systems
• Scripting including Bash, PowerShell and Python
• Software Development Methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
• Automated QC Technologies
• Data management and archiving
• Post production content workflows
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours. Our company values follow.
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.