Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/17/2021 5:36:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Backend Developer jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Backend Developer postings
Full Time Job
Backend Developer (Python)
Backend Developer (Python)
The Backend Developer design, develop, and architect services for the Deluxe One platform, our cloud-based post-production platform. This position is ideal for individuals who have the drive and desire to 'make things'. It requires a highly motivated individual with attention to details and a hunger to learn and solve problems.
This position will contribute to cutting-edge R&D initiatives including service integration with emerging frameworks and platforms and assist with technical resolution of issues on mission critical production systems (you build it, you own it, you run it).
A Day in the Life of this position would include the following:?
• Design and participate in development of multiple concurrent backend and server-side software development projects in a fast-paced multitasked environment
• Take the lead on solving and implementing difficult technology challenges and drive team to successful delivery
• Ensure long term software quality, scalability, and maintainability
• Ensure team follows software development best practices on topics such as code structure, automated testing, and documentation
• Assist with technical resolution of issues on mission critical production and development systems
What You Bring:
• 8+ years of Python development experience
• 4+ years of Django Framework experience
• Deep understanding of web application best practices and GIT development flow
• Expert in scalable database design and POSTGRES
• Experience with application development using Docker containers
• Experience in building and supporting RESTful APIs with the Django rest framework and token authentication
• Experience with async and scheduled tasks using REDIS
• Experience with NODE and socket communication
• Understanding of the Full stack of the application and experience with HTML/CSS/JS and Jinja templating language
• Understanding of AWS services and deploying web applications
• Excellent communicator who is passionate about quality, supportability, extensibility, and scalable application design
• Focused, dependable, detail-oriented and hands-on – completes tasks quickly and thoroughly
• Excellent work ethics and communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.