Front Desk / Receptionist
Deluxe EntertainmentVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Sydney and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.
Method Studios is looking for an operations / front desk support to assist in the day to day operations of our Vancouver studio. Responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including but not limited to, greeting our guests and insure they have everything they need (coffee, lunches etc.) answering phones, handling company inquiries, sorting and distributing mail. Additional duties include;
Duties & Responsibilities:
Initial point of contact for all incoming Operational requests to:
• Facilitate directly
• Facilitate thru dispatch
• Escalate for approval to facilitate (as necessary)
• Facilitate department workflow by submitting tickets (Facilities), planning internal meetings, etc.
• Liaise with janitorial staff.
• Work with Resource Management and Technical Operations to prepare for onboards activations.
• Work with Resource Management and Technical Operations for offboard deactivations.
• Activate / Deactivate personnel badges and maintain security badge database.
• Manage employee contact database, update phone and extension lists.
• Employee vehicle parking allocation & parking pass management.
• Employee bicycle parking allocation & management.
• Receive & publish all absent / out of office notifications to the internal info page for time & attendance communication/logging.
• Daily management of company internal website (HTML coding for tools, Photoshop, company attendance, event notices).
• Sign in / Sign out visitors and maintain date and time log daily to comply with MPAA Physical & Digital Security guidelines.
• Work with Vendors (such as Parking vendors, Construction vendors, etc) for alerts, maintenance, payment, etc.
• Purchase items for Facilities / Operations as needed.
• Facilitate all Operational/Studio vendor payments for all non-AP transactions.
• Prepare, manage and reconcile monthly Operations corporate credit card bank statements.
• Prepare daily call sheet for listing artists / projects / clients bookings.
• Support Client Services & coordinate planning for client arrival preparations.
• Social networking / marketing assistance (manage Method Twitter account).
• Updating email distribution lists as necessary
• Other responsibilities upon request.
• At least 1-2 years of proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
• Excellent organizational skills
• Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
• Customer service attitude
• High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus