Deluxe EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Company3 currently has an opening for a Facilities Technician. This position is located in New York, NY.
The Facilities Technician will be responsible for performing routine building maintenance and cleaning in one or more offices. Basic carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, HVAC, and plumbing knowledge required. Other tasks will also be required as assigned.
• Daily cleaning and general maintenance of the offices.
• Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre-established check sheet.
• Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
• Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
• Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, Adjust doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
• Reconfigures, installs, positions, and or remount office furniture and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
• Order parts and maintain required documents.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to work flexible hours.
• Two years working experience in facility maintenance or related field.
• Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and carpentry.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be customer service oriented.
• Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
• Ability to use common tools.
• Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Use miscellaneous office equipment (e.g. computers, Mobile devices, FAX machines, copiers, etc.)
• Ability to push minimum 100 pounds; ability to lift minimum 50 pounds.
• Ability to climb ladder and step ladder. Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require.