DNOC Technician, Live Events
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
DNOC Technician, Live Events
About the Team
The Deluxe Cinema - Distribution group is responsible for the distribution of all digital content to theaters on behalf of major cinema studio clients. These responsibilities are inclusive of both digital cinema and non-digital cinema content types delivered both electronically and physically. The group is also responsible for a variety delivery support functions such as physical distribution inventory management, electronic delivery network management, digital cinema key management and distribution, and a 24/365 exhibitor support call center. The group's goal is to advance technology within the theatrical delivery space to stay ahead of our client's ever evolving distribution needs.
We are looking for a motivated team member to join us for an exciting and rewarding position fulfilling 'behind-the-curtain' roles and responsibilities to enable electronic content delivery to movie theatres across North America. The DNOC Live Event Technician is responsible for supporting the delivery of live content to theaters. This Technician will work directly with clients to outline live event schedules, test live events content feeds and formats, and manage master control systems during actual events. This Technician will work with exhibitor and fellow DNOC Technicians to lead efforts in theater decoder testing and event troubleshooting. This position will have a 40-hour work week but will require a very flexible schedule to ensure the Technician is available to support live events during evening and weekend hours.
• Support Event Distribution coordination and planning from pre-event organization and testing, to live event master control management, and through to post-event reporting.
• Provide technical support and validation for participating theaters during pre-event test windows.
• Provide remote theater support during events through in-bound calls and emails.
• Support DNOC Installation, Maintenance, and Distribution (Non-Event) operations.
• Troubleshoot and resolve content delivery issues for theaters.
• Perform time sensitive content management tasks.
• Participate in personal assigned work to maintain network health.
What You Bring
• Ability to understand operational workflows and procedures in a technical environment employing multiple systems/platforms to execute deliverables.
• Attention to detail in work output and reporting
• Knowledge of database workflows, ticketing systems, and information management.
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can take ownership of work.
• Strategic technical thinking and able to pivot quickly between tasks
• Exemplary communication and customer service skills
• A very flexible schedule will be required. Candidates will need be available for each Live Event broadcast (likely during evening hours and on weekend) while also supporting theater setup testing during the normal work week.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
• Strong technical aptitude
• Experience with linear video editing, broadcast video master control, and live event production
• Experience with Linux CLI, SSH, RDP, RAID, DCP, AWS, Multicast, IP Encapsulations, RF Modulation, VSAT and/or technical documentation a plus.
• Job experience in a LAN environment working with networked systems, appliances and/or servers
• Experience in a NOC or related work environment is encouraged
• Experience in broadcasting or remote productions a plus
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.