Digital Video Technician
Deluxe EntertainmentMoosic, PA
Full Time Job
Deluxe Media leads the advertising and entertainment industries with innovative supply chain solutions that help market, enrich, and enable media distribution to all platforms and all consumers throughout the world. Deluxe Media is a global company with presence in 9 countries. Our clients include the major Hollywood studios as well as a growing number of on-line retailers.
• Will edit, capture, compress and quality assure audio and video program material for subsequent release.
• Will perform video dubbing, editing, standards conversion, pre-processing, compression and quality assurance testing.
• Will perform audio editing, restoration, conversion, encoding and quality assurance testing.
• Will be responsible for machine and system configuration, connection and troubleshooting.
• Must be able to compress audio and video to an acceptable degree while remaining within file size constraints.
• Must efficiently utilize various audio and video production tools (audio/video tape machines, compression systems, encoders, decoders, converters, pre-processing systems, etc.).
• Must utilize sound audible and visual judgment during the performance of daily duties.
• Maintenance of source code, testing, and debugging of applications.
• Documentation for unit and use-case tests for title QC processes.
• Competitive analysis of new release titles. Create or update reports by collecting data from various sources and entering into spreadsheet. This may include weekly progress status reports, asset tracking reports, priority list updates, internal project task list, etc.
• Data entry into database. This may include project shell entry, delivery document, new and revised client specifications, approval dates, revenue and labor estimates, etc.
• Save and upload project-relevant documents into database. This may include purchase orders, approval notices, shipping notices, etc.
• Prepare and send internal communications to critical departments regarding project specs, revisions, and approvals.
• Follow data management procedures to ensure all team members can access accurate and timely information on element status, location and history.
• Maintain a current and accurate understanding of all work-in-progress initiated in the Content Prep and Delivery departments.
• Must effectively analyze and communicate information to resolve issues and concerns as they arise.
• Prepare schedules, timelines, and milestones.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A.S. degree in computer science or programming, electronics or A/V technology related field (or equivalent experience).
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in audio and/or video post-production environment.
• Individual must possess a fundamental understanding of digital audio and digital video signals, standards, machines and wiring.
• Data management, such as keyword search algorithm, high speed sort, etc.
• Experience with some aspect of Home Entertainment production desired (DVD-Video, Game, etc.).
• Knowledge of Non-Linear Editors and editing processes (FCP, Premiere, etc.)
• Experience with network programming (client-server architecture). (desired but not required)
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and computer skills are required.
• Individual must be diligent and detail-oriented.
• Position is audibly and visually demanding as a significant amount of the job responsibilities include intensive testing for minor audio and video impairments and artifacts.
• Individual will work in multimedia production environment requiring little to no physical labor.
• On occasion, individual will move equipment that ranges from 5 to 40 pounds.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Deluxe Media's Digital Distribution Group leads the Digital Distribution industry with innovative supply chain solutions that help market, enrich, and enable media distribution to all platforms and all consumers throughout the world. Deluxe Media is a global company with presence in 9 countries. Our clients include the major Hollywood studios as well as a growing number of on-line retailers including Apple, Netflix, Google, Amazon, and Hulu. With our advanced workflow management and supply chain solutions, we make it easier for content owners and service providers to offer premium content quickly and cost-effectively across digital platforms worldwide.