Digital Production Manager
Deluxe EntertainmentVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Melbourne and Montreal. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.
• Attend pre-production meetings at CIS Vancouver with VFX Supervisor and CG Supervisors.
• Prepare technical specs and lists of elements required by facility during principal photography.
• Attend production and VFX meetings during principal photography.
• Keep track of all on-set requirements, ensuring that all units are covered appropriately and noting any potential schedule clashes. Ensure that clients are aware of any creative or financial impacts arising from problems with materials.
• Manage the recording & tracking of on-set data such as camera & lens data, camera moves, etc, and prepare data for delivery to the facility
• Accurately survey and measure sets to facilitate CG builds, record lighting set-ups, and photograph HDRI reference for lighting
• Attend scanning sessions (e.g. Lidar of sets, Cyberscanning of actors) and ensure that all technical specifications are met.
• Gather reference photographs for sets, props and actors, and gather texture photographs, to a precise technical spec, for sets, props and actors
• Track & maintain vfx on-set gear
• During Post-production, work with CIS Vancouver's in-house database to catalogue all data and materials, and maintain the database as work flows through the company
• Maintain an edit of all approved references and work with VFX Supervisor and Editorial to ensure that this is constantly updated with the client approvals and notes.
• Manage the CG crew's use of all materials, working with them to ensure technical and creative continuity of all CG builds and shots throughout the post-production phase.
• An understanding of film production and its workings, and solid experience of working on-set with the various departments.
• Practical photographic skills, including an understanding of lenses, exposure bracketing and lighting.
• An understanding of the specific photographic needs of computer graphics in general – e.g. how to photograph images for photogrammetric use, how to photograph HDRI images, how to photograph images suitable for CG texturing.
• Knowledge of the processes and software to be used by CIS Vancouver for this specific project, and an understanding of how these would be impacted by changes during principal photography.
• Ability to work independently and to make appropriate decisions at short notice, based on understanding of the impact on post-production.
• Knowledge of CIS's in-house processes, including proprietary software such as production tracking databases and CG pipeline.
• Knowledge of editorial processes, including preferably the use of Avid editorial software.
• Ability to provide necessary continuity between the production and post-production processes, tying the Digital Plate Production Manager and CG Production Manager roles together.
This is a full-time contract position requiring periodic overtime.