Digital Content Services Technician
Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Job Title: Content Services Technician
Reporting to: Head of Content Services and Trailer Mastering
About the team
Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema is the one of the industry's leading digital cinema facility, providing major Hollywood studios and independent distributors with the highest quality end-to-end mastering, versioning and distribution services, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The content team can take footage from almost any source and develop the optimum workflow for any given project, filling in gaps for an end-to-end service through the in-house subtitling, DFX and digital Cinema mastering departments.
About the Opportunity
Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema, part of the Deluxe Entertainment Services group, are the leading provider of a broad range of Digital Film services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and the Independent Film Market.
In this role you will be working as part of a team working in a busy environment responsible for a variety of tasks including;
• Content review and quality checking a wide variety of materials.
• Creation and distribution of short form Prores master files and downstream deliverables for quality check and subsequent global distribution
• Bi-directional colour conversion and supply of texted & textless elements to internal DFX department for localised compositing
• Checking specifications of audio and full feature conform checking in preparation for delivery to Digital Cinema Mastering for creation of Digital Cinema Packages
• Frame rate conversions, audio retiming, pitch correcting and audio finessing to ensure audio files are fit for purpose
• Creation of proxy reference trailers and features for internal and external use
• Basic ISO creation
• Creation of Digital Cinema Packages from HD source materials
• Archival trailer and feature creation to various file formats with multiple audio configurations
• Picture and audio feature and trailer censor cuts using multiple methods such as pan and scan, picture blurring and audio manipulation.
You will need a good understanding of the technical aspects of the various deliverable and downstream specifications and be enthusiastic about evolving and adapting these to our client's needs. You will be using both industry standard and bespoke software to ensure that our client's demands are satisfied within their timescales and to an exemplary standard.
This role reports into the Head of Content Services and Trailer Mastering
To deliver a high quality of service to both internal and external clients. A proactive member of our internal Technical Working Group. Adherence to Clients and industry standard technical specifications and keeping up to date with industry advancements on the procedures required for compliant delivery. Creating all associated paperwork including but not limited to work orders and label materials as appropriate. Feedback to Account Managers (and possibly directly to clients) where further information or detail is required. Update the Engineering department on any issues that may affect operational efficiency. (e.g. equipment maintenance required) Working with and liaising with other internal departments. Direct correspondence and responsibility for delivery of content to internal and external departments. Help develop and refine departmental procedures and look to improve standard practices in this challenging and constantly changing market. Completion of ad-hoc project work as specified by your Supervisor and Senior technicians. Maintain an up to date knowledge of respective developments in film technologies. Act as an ambassador for the Company.
Picture and Audio editing, transcoding / encoding, sound syncing, and colour conversion experience is required for this role and a solid knowledge of Film & Digital file formats is necessary.
The role will involve working with some of the latest technology including primarily DVS Clipster, Cipher, Final Cut Pro, Dolby Media Encoder, Pro Tools, Transcoder hardware and software. Familiarity with these or comparable systems is essential. Also, knowledge of any DVD or Blu-ray mastering software would be advantageous.
Successful candidates will have experience within a similar post production finishing environment and be used to working to tight deadlines whilst producing high quality work. Working knowledge of editing and encoding/transcoding systems both industry standard or bespoke systems is essential.
QC experience would be an advantage.
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Working knowledge of project management and project delivery is essential
• Ability to deal with a high standard of productivity
• Good understanding of technical software and related systems
• Strong IT literacy
• Ability to follow and manage workflows
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to handle high pressure situations and sensitive information
• Ability to prioritise, manage orders and work to strict deadlines
• Good trouble-shooting skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Methodical approach to work
• Polite and professional with a positive and optimistic approach
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain focus.
• Ability to make clear and accurate decisions
• Ability to work on own initiative however also be a good team player
• Flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced demanding environment
• An understanding of film post production and associated technologies.
• Positive attitude with an energetic approach
• Willingness and aptitude to learn
• Willing and able to trouble shoot complex problems
• Good communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels within the organization and build credible relationships.
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a c. $1billion Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours. Our company values follow.
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.